Old newbie

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
L\Bronco

L\Bronco

Reaction score
Good luck! I hope it works out!!
(Like I said before we grow till we exceed our space...Then we sell one)

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Well I got them posted,but said I didn,t have permission to see them.haha
The ouside mirrors are off of a 60,s car. The inside small mirror is for a 1959 MG--So I guess I would have a SPORTS -4-WHEELER. You can see just as good out of these little ones and at night.They don,t knock your eyes out like the original one.When someone comes up behind you and you don,t have to adjust them at night.lIKE THE BIG ONES.

OP
OP
L\Bronco

L\Bronco

Reaction score
Well I got them posted,but said I didn,t have permission to see them.haha
She looks great! I like the mirror on the dash a lot. That is one straight 78!

IMG_0360.JPG
This is the only pict with me in it.(I figured I'd return the favor>)
2 yrs ago in Boise. (I'm the old guy on the left)

OP
OP
L\Bronco

L\Bronco

Reaction score
I could only see one of the picts. The others gave me the same permission thing as you.
Still looks great though, awesome survivor!

johnnyreb

Reaction score
She looks great! I like the mirror on the dash a lot. That is one straight 78!

View attachment 29496
This is the only pict with me in it.(I figured I'd return the favor>)
2 yrs ago in Boise. (I'm the old guy on the left)
That a rail ? If the lady in the background was a red head. She pass as Shirley Muldowny--remeber her. I liked watching them rails. Also the school bus wheels--ever seen then--their something else.Seeing a school bus go down the straight on it rear wheels.hahaha

johnnyreb

Reaction score
That a rail ? If the lady in the background was a red head. She pass as Shirley Muldowny--remeber her. I liked watching them rails. Also the school bus wheels--ever seen then--their something else.Seeing a school bus go down the straight on it rear wheels.hahaha
Most of the racing I did was with the law. We enjoyed that. I out ran a 440 state police cruie ome night in the Fairlane. With the 390 in it. We ran about 7 miles . I was so far ahead of him. I pulled off this side road and watched the run this intersection with the lights flashin. Pulled back on the road and went up this holler and my friend and I laughed about it.Finished our beer and went to sleep. Two days later .One of the cops stopped me and asked me where did I go to. ? He said the went were I pull off to go home and stayed up all night. I laughed and told him.My friend and I sat up talking about it and laughing about it drinking beer. He was a good cop. He got a laugh out of it too.

OP
OP
L\Bronco

L\Bronco

Reaction score
Nitro funny car, (The happy hour one from earlier) the body is carbon fiber and weighs nothing. Lifts right off!
I used to watch Shirley race years ago, never got to meet her. Not sure who is in the pict, lots of people hang around.
This guy is at most of the races I go to. He tosses jelly beans out of the car/wagon for the kids. Ed Jones, really nice guy! Pretty sure he's in his 70's, still driving! I guess there's hope!
The guy that tunes our car (Twig Ziegler is 77 I think!)
jelly belly.jpg

OP
OP
L\Bronco

L\Bronco

Reaction score
Most of the racing I did was with the law. We enjoyed that. I out ran a 440 state police cruie ome night in the Fairlane. With the 390 in it. We ran about 7 miles . I was so far ahead of him. I pulled off this side road and watched the run this intersection with the lights flashin. Pulled back on the road and went up this holler and my friend and I laughed about it.Finished our beer and went to sleep. Two days later .One of the cops stopped me and asked me where did I go to. ? He said the went were I pull off to go home and stayed up all night. I laughed and told him.My friend and I sat up talking about it and laughing about it drinking beer. He was a good cop. He got a laugh out of it too.
Awesome! :ROFLMAO:
I got away on a dirt bike once when I was young. I'm too close to the city to run on the road, they'd send up the helicopter now!
Different times

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Nitro funny car, (The happy hour one from earlier) the body is carbon fiber and weighs nothing. Lifts right off!
I used to watch Shirley race years ago, never got to meet her. Not sure who is in the pict, lots of people hang around.
This guy is at most of the races I go to. He tosses jelly beans out of the car/wagon for the kids. Ed Jones, really nice guy! Pretty sure he's in his 70's, still driving! I guess there's hope!
The guy that tunes our car (Twig Ziegler is 77 I think!)
View attachment 29498
Well I figure. As long as you keep busy--the mind keeps working and it good for anyone. I,m not the kind that sit around and does nothing. I have to have something to do.

OP
OP
L\Bronco

L\Bronco

Reaction score
I am the same! Funny thing is, I can't wait to retire so I can finish my projects!
79 Bronco Supercharged 5.4 Plus a 79 thats too good to be a parts truck and an 85 351W ** too. Kind of rusty.
67 cougar XR7 GT
69 Mustang rag (This ones my daily in the summer, but I have some plans for her)
Plus a few vintage tractors my dad used to own.
I think Ill always be busy!
You keep going Johnny!

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Got he air breather painted and put on. Its a temporary one. I don,t like these big ones.Because they prevent you from seeing gas leaks and prevent you from putting a fire out. In case it does happen. This is the kind I had on the bronco.When it caught of fire.As I said before. Its a temporary one--for a short while.

Attachments

• 390-4 barrel--1974 motor.jpg
    390-4 barrel--1974 motor.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 4

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Got he air breather painted and put on. Its a temporary one. I don,t like these big ones.Because they prevent you from seeing gas leaks and prevent you from putting a fire out. In case it does happen. This is the kind I had on the bronco.When it caught of fire.As I said before. Its a temporary one--for a short while.
I think I,ll check the fuse on my 76 fired bird today.. The heater quit working and before I pop the bottom of the fender back to check the motor. I think I, check the fuse and wiring first.Might save me some time and aggervation.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
I think I,ll check the fuse on my 76 fired bird today.. The heater quit working and before I pop the bottom of the fender back to check the motor. I think I, check the fuse and wiring first.Might save me some time and aggervation.
I hd a fried that was a mechanic all his life and he retired. A little while later I visited him. He was laying on his couch and asked me to hand him a piece of candy. Then everytime he ate it. He,d ask me to hand him another. So finally I asked him who handed it to him when I wasn,t around? He said his wife and when he retired he was not gonna do anything. I told him he better stay active or he,d take a heart attack and die. He said he wasn,t goona do nothing and he didn,t,but died a short while later of a heart attack. He was a good mechanic and guy.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Well I tried to check the fuse. Hear my battery post was to far away. I don,t care much for that little hole to put the battery through on these firebirds. Not much room at all.

OP
OP
L\Bronco

L\Bronco

Reaction score
I hd a fried that was a mechanic all his life and he retired. A little while later I visited him. He was laying on his couch and asked me to hand him a piece of candy. Then everytime he ate it. He,d ask me to hand him another. So finally I asked him who handed it to him when I wasn,t around? He said his wife and when he retired he was not gonna do anything. I told him he better stay active or he,d take a heart attack and die. He said he wasn,t goona do nothing and he didn,t,but died a short while later of a heart attack. He was a good mechanic and guy.
Sorry to hear that.
And you are right, keep going, we aren't meant to be completely idle.

OP
OP
L\Bronco

L\Bronco

Reaction score
Well I tried to check the fuse. Hear my battery post was to far away. I don,t care much for that little hole to put the battery through on these firebirds. Not much room at all.
The 390 looks great! Did you have trouble with clearance on the oil pan? I tried to put my GT 390 in my 78. I was just out of school and didn't know much then. (Thought I did though!) Couldn't find an oil pan that cleared the diff

I feel your pain on the firebird!
I'm restoring an 81 Trans Am for my wife. She had one in high school and always regretted selling it. Definitely not as good to work on as a Bronco! (Hard to find a good one up here) The guy filled the rust holes with spray foam and bondo!

TA1.jpgTA2.jpg

johnnyreb

Reaction score
The 390 looks great! Did you have trouble with clearance on the oil pan? I tried to put my GT 390 in my 78. I was just out of school and didn't know much then. (Thought I did though!) Couldn't find an oil pan that cleared the diff

I feel your pain on the firebird!
I'm restoring an 81 Trans Am for my wife. She had one in high school and always regretted selling it. Definitely not as good to work on as a Bronco! (Hard to find a good one up here) The guy filled the rust holes with spray foam and bondo!

View attachment 29500View attachment 29501
Well my motot was out of a truck and their is not alot of clearance,but I got it off. I want to put a new chain and high pressure oil pump in it. The motor looked brand new, Not a speck of dirt,but I went ahead and put he new timing chain and oil pump in it, It had the hood bowed on the truck I took it out of and had rusted a hole in the valve cover. THEIR WAS NO WATER IN THE PAN,. I went ahead and took the heads off and checked all the valves. Their was one that had a real small speck in it and I replaced it. I have about 3-4 inches of clearance between the motor and firewall . Also I put a new GATES water pump on it and they make alot of different parts MADE IN AMERICA, . To bad about the firebird. . Is the 76 body the same as the 81?. I have 2-ta,s and 2 firebirds .From 75-78. When and if I live long enough. I,m gonna take the parts from one and make another. My sister bought the TA new and she couldn,t drive a old car on the salty road. She had to act like a big shot. When it started rusting--I tried to buy it from her but she wouldn,t sale it.Then when her and her boyfirend broke up and she had no place to put it and it had started rusting bad--she gave it to me. It does have good gear. I bought a 76 with a good body and hope to be able to swith out the part.It has no motor in it--just a roller.