Old newbie

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Js are you having water coming in the front floor during heavy rains? If so--watch the vents on the side and on the drivers side--behind the emergency brake, The cause of it is the small drain at the bottom of the big bulge. Its behind the fender. The water comes in from the wiper area and flows into the bulge . Over time it fills up with leaves -dirt and gets stopped up and the water travels in through the vent into the floor. I cut big holes in the bottom of the bulges and that solve my problem. Now you can take a 5 gallon bucket of water and dump it into the wiper area and it shots water out the bottom and NO WATER ENTERS THE CAB.

Tiha

Staff member
Reaction score
Do you have any experience or knowledge about the Holley 650 4 barrel? I bought one and was thinking of any tricks on it . To improve the vaccum opening the barrels faster.
To get the most out of a Vacuum secondary holley, there is linkage on the driver's side throttle shafts. If you put a tiny bolt or ***** in it, then it will pull the secondaries open as the primaries open.

Any yes as mentioned it will be lean. It can create lag and backfires if opened too fast, But you can increase the size of the squirters in the primaries to compensate for most of it.

I hate holleys. But they work. Quadrajet actually can be as good but it takes a little more work than a holley. There is probably 100 times the information and 10 times the parts for tuning a holley vs really any other carb out there.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Thank you, It's a bit of a job for sure. My goal is a daily driver that will run on pump gas. I have quite a few vintage rides, and the ever increasing volume of ethanol in fuel is making carburetor tuning and maintenance a full time gig!
And FYI, I'm doing the whole build without any major mods to the body, so I can plop the body back on the 79 frame and put the old harness back in any time. (I didn't **** a Bronco for this)
Again, I am looking forward to interacting with other members, it seems like a fantastic group!
Cheers
I think I,ll make my own fuel. The government sure doesn,t know how to do anything at all,but ***** up everything they touch.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
To get the most out of a Vacuum secondary holley, there is linkage on the driver's side throttle shafts. If you put a tiny bolt or ***** in it, then it will pull the secondaries open as the primaries open.

Any yes as mentioned it will be lean. It can create lag and backfires if opened too fast, But you can increase the size of the squirters in the primaries to compensate for most of it.

I hate holleys. But they work. Quadrajet actually can be as good but it takes a little more work than a holley. There is probably 100 times the information and 10 times the parts for tuning a holley vs really any other carb out there.
Tiha,I,ll try and get some pictures of a Quad today and show you how easy and fast you can make one. You better be ready when she opens.haha