Old newbie

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
They are on my other computer--that went on the blink. I,m using my niecesright now. I ordered one from Dell,but something was wrong with it and I had to send it back.. I,ll try and find some on hear. I posted some on hear.
I,ll try and get one

johnnyreb

Reaction score
How do I find your pictures in your section? I’d love to see your 78s!
I can,nt find any myself.hahah I guess they stayed on the other machine. I had some pictures on hear and can,nt find them. I took all the big mirrors off and put small ones on. Includeing the inside and think it looks alot better.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
I can,nt find any myself.hahah I guess they stayed on the other machine. I had some pictures on hear and can,nt find them. I took all the big mirrors off and put small ones on. Includeing the inside and think it looks alot better.
My niece said she would take some tomorrow.If the weather is nice-ok

johnnyreb

Reaction score
hahahaha,
Sorry, Got busy on mine, trying to get my harness sorted out.
How long have you been doing your 78?View attachment 29491
you wouldn,t believe it if I told you--as I started working on it. A woman came into my life and she cost me. Then I found her out and got rid of her--and another--I still have and when you help her with her kid--it takes money and I was still working on it and I thought about where I had been and the good times I had and figured. If and how many kids you may have left behind. So I took it upon myself to help this woman. She understands I like to tinker and i,D SAY i PROBABLE BEEN WORKING ON THIS ONE FOR AROUND 15 YEARS,BUT I DON,T HAVE A GARAGE AND WORK ON IT WHEN i CAN. Its about ready to go now. Its also almost cost me my life. When it caught on fire. I ended up in the burn center,but I saved it and had to repair the damage. haha

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Sorry, Got busy on mine, trying to get my harness sorted out.
How long have you been doing your 78?View attachment 29491
One of mine looked like that. People said I.d never get it back together,but I did. Now I am in the process f rebuilding the motor this spring.. After I get the other one on the road. Which is close to doing that. Hopefully in a week or two.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
See I could
hahahaha,

you wouldn,t believe it if I told you--as I started working on it. A woman came into my life and she cost me. Then I found her out and got rid of her--and another--I still have and when you help her with her kid--it takes money and I was still working on it and I thought about where I had been and the good times I had and figured. If and how many kids you may have left behind. So I took it upon myself to help this woman. She understands I like to tinker and i,D SAY i PROBABLE BEEN WORKING ON THIS ONE FOR AROUND 15 YEARS,BUT I DON,T HAVE A GARAGE AND WORK ON IT WHEN i CAN. Its about ready to go now. Its also almost cost me my life. When it caught on fire. I ended up in the burn center,but I saved it and had to repair it.ha ha

OP
OP
L\Bronco

L\Bronco

Reaction score
hahahaha,

you wouldn,t believe it if I told you--as I started working on it. A woman came into my life and she cost me. Then I found her out and got rid of her--and another--I still have and when you help her with her kid--it takes money and I was still working on it and I thought about where I had been and the good times I had and figured. If and how many kids you may have left behind. So I took it upon myself to help this woman. She understands I like to tinker and i,D SAY i PROBABLE BEEN WORKING ON THIS ONE FOR AROUND 15 YEARS,BUT I DON,T HAVE A GARAGE AND WORK ON IT WHEN i CAN. Its about ready to go now. Its also almost cost me my life. When it caught on fire. I ended up in the burn center,but I saved it and had to repair the damage. haha
Oh Id believe it for sure! I took my 67 cougar apart to fix her up just before my first son was born...three kids and 34yrs later its still apart.
I read about your fire in another thread, glad you are ok, and the truck too. Fire is nasty! Nearly burnt up my ragtop because of a carb fire. I got lucky, it only cost me a jacket.
I'm doing pretty good with this 79, I started on it march 2021 and hope to have it driving by summer.

I built a 79 up when my boys were little, 351M high compression, 4spd, 33" mud tires, we had a ton of fun in that one! I had to sell her because with the family, I couldn't keep gas in it. My boys bought me this one for my birthday to restore, so its pretty special.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Oh Id believe it for sure! I took my 67 cougar apart to fix her up just before my first son was born...three kids and 34yrs later its still apart.
I read about your fire in another thread, glad you are ok, and the truck too. Fire is nasty! Nearly burnt up my ragtop because of a carb fire. I got lucky, it only cost me a jacket.
I'm doing pretty good with this 79, I started on it march 2021 and hope to have it driving by summer.

I built a 79 up when my boys were little, 351M high compression, 4spd, 33" mud tires, we had a ton of fun in that one! I had to sell her because with the family, I couldn't keep gas in it. My boys bought me this one for my birthday to restore, so its pretty special.
Well your lucky to have a family close buy and with you. ,but I am to in a different way,but happy. I have things to tinker on in the warm months and the winter I restore old guns in bad shape. I don,t care much restoring the ones with a few scrathes, I like the ones in bad shape---a challenge.Then when I,m done. I know I did good.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Well your lucky to have a family close buy and with you. ,but I am to in a different way,but happy. I have things to tinker on in the warm months and the winter I restore old guns in bad shape. I don,t care much restoring the ones with a few scrathes, I like the ones in bad shape---a challenge.Then when I,m done. I know I did good.
old guns are like old cars. They were built better with better material. No plastic or alloy aluminium. They were made with steel and wood.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
You just gave me a idea. Make something that would prevent a fire from getting out of control;. Under the hood. My dad and I came up with a idea and trusted this invention marketing company in Pennsylvania and they stole our idea and marketed it. I have some other ideas laying around hear. I was told buy a judge friend to get a patten lawyer next time.

johnnyreb

Reaction score

Want a good laugh. When I got the fire out. All I had on was my undershorts and 1 sock. Good thing I wore them that day. They told me at the burn center. What saved my face from not getting burnt bad. Was because I had a heavy beard. It got burn pretty good.but my skin didn,t get burnt. I,m lucky. The fumes almost over took me. God was looking over me. He has been good to me and has looked over me alot. I thank him everyday for it.I was lucky and have been or I would not have lived this long. I,m 71

OP
OP
L\Bronco

L\Bronco

Reaction score
Want a good laugh. When I got the fire out. All I had on was my undershorts and 1 sock. Good thing I wore them that day. They told me at the burn center. What saved my face from not getting burnt bad. Was because I had a heavy beard. It got burn pretty good.but my skin didn,t get burnt. I,m lucky. The fumes almost over took me. God was looking over me. He has been good to me and has looked over me alot. I thank him everyday for it.I was lucky and have been or I would not have lived this long. I,m 71
You must have been quite a sight heading to emergency! Good thing he was on your side.
You have a few on me, I'm 57, (when I was young I was pretty sure I wouldn't make it this far, but, here we are!)
You are sure right about the guns and cars. (We are into cars more here) My boys and I like to bring them back from the dead or sure. we probably have about 30 or so here, and we've likely been through a hundred. Not all restorations, some just need a little love, we drive them for a bit then send them off to someone else.
Feels pretty good to fix\build things yourself.

OP
OP
L\Bronco

L\Bronco

Reaction score
You just gave me a idea. Make something that would prevent a fire from getting out of control;. Under the hood. My dad and I came up with a idea and trusted this invention marketing company in Pennsylvania and they stole our idea and marketed it. I have some other ideas laying around hear. I was told buy a judge friend to get a patten lawyer next time.
You should look into that. you might be sitting on a fortune!

johnnyreb

Reaction score
You must have been quite a sight heading to emergency! Good thing he was on your side.
You have a few on me, I'm 57, (when I was young I was pretty sure I wouldn't make it this far, but, here we are!)
You are sure right about the guns and cars. (We are into cars more here) My boys and I like to bring them back from the dead or sure. we probably have about 30 or so here, and we've likely been through a hundred. Not all restorations, some just need a little love, we drive them for a bit then send them off to someone else.
Feels pretty good to fix\build things yourself.
wait a minute----sounds like my yard.