new carb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Red Green Jr

Reaction score
I just put in an edelbrock performer 600 cfm 4bbl carb along with the performer intake manifold. I had a lot of trouble getting the transmission (c6) kickdown lever bolted on to the carb. I had to fab a piece of aluminum to get the extension, angle, and motion right. It works, but not great, just wondering if anyone else has had trouble with this and how you solved it. thanks

Seabronc

Reaction score
I use to have a Performer / Holley combination on my engine which took a longer kick down rod than with a stock intake. In fact I still have that rod out in the garage.

Good luck,

:)>-

Last edited by a moderator:

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
Red, I had the same problem on my 79 and 84. Started a thread for folks to show how they set-up the kickdown linkage and rod. JSM84

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
That's OK, i was trying to post a link but am having trouble. Try searching the keyword "kickdown", and my thread is about 10 or 11 down the list. Last post was Feb 09, in the 80-96 forum. For some reason, when I go to that thread thru search and try to copy & paste the link, my computer locks up. JSM84

Edit: Thread is in the 80-96 Tech Support forum. I bumped it up today so it should be on page 1. Think I'll go ahead and pin it so it stays up top.

JJCrash

Reaction score
Edelbrock sells an attachment to throttle link side of the carb for Ford kick-down. Works great, just check their website or most parts stores.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23