Bronco Not Starting (Firing)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
No, I didn't watch it come down. It's an internet photo.
Yes, you see all kinds of stuff in the woods, or in my case, the desert!
I think the 2 most dangeous things I had happen to me in the woods was a big buck deer walked past me. He was so close. I had to pull mu shotgun back to give him room to get buy and a little cub bear walked up to me about 3 feet away. I never did see the momma bear and glad I didn,t. I also had a pup coyote follow me one day and a big snake came out of a hope right beside of me. I also had a big gobbler climb upon a log I was sitting on. I was gonna shot it,but he flew off. haha

svttim

Reaction score
If you have spark, you can still check initial timing by static timing procedure. Remove the number 1 plug and place you thumb or finger over the hole. Disconnect the coil wire. Turn the engine over a bit until you feel the compression push your finger off. Check the balancer and see if you are close to specs. If so rotate the engine by hand to the timing spec. with the number 1 plug out, connect it to the wire. Reconnect the coil wire. Loosen the distributor, ground the plug and rotate the distributor until you see the spark. If the rotor is not near No 1 the timing has jumped. Good luck

Last edited:

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Did you get it started? You might have killed the plugs ,Buy flooding the motor. Try a good set of plugs in it.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Seems like you are having the SAME PROBLEM I HAD. I tore into my 78 bronco today and it was running perfect before--then everything started acting up. Today I made sure the timeing was TDC--IT WAS. ------------Then the rotary button rotation . I started checking the plug wires--they were all out of wack. So I rewired it and it took off. I think someone might have messed with my motor. I done this with a friend of mine--who helped me the last time and it was done RIGHT. . They better hope I don,t catch them messing with my vehicle I had put a 390 in mine. Its running good again.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Seems like you are having the SAME PROBLEM I HAD. I tore into my 78 bronco today and it was running perfect before--then everything started acting up. Today I made sure the timeing was TDC--IT WAS. ------------Then the rotary button rotation . I started checking the plug wires--they were all out of wack. So I rewired it and it took off. I think someone might have messed with my motor. I done this with a friend of mine--who helped me the last time and it was done RIGHT. . They better hope I don,t catch them messing with my vehicle I had put a 390 in mine. Its running good again.
I,ll give them a shot of ROCK SALT. They,ll head for the river to cool off.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke