Hi! Just joined and just getting started...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
dkverde

dkverde

Reaction score
A couple of bulletproof models. Those will be sweet. What power plants are you going with?
My 82 in AZ 351W C6 9" 350 gears

A couple of bulletproof models. Those will be sweet. What power plants are you going with?
My 82 in AZ 351W C6 9" 350 gears
Thanks! Both have 351M. 78 was rebuilt by the previous owner. It has Holley throttle body fuel inj, serpentine belt, electric fans, new ac, brakes, etc. Needs serious body work though! 79 is fully stock. Factory everything... The plan is to rebuild also with throttle body fuel inj. Want to make it a daily driver.

OP
OP
dkverde

dkverde

Reaction score
What is the mileage like on the 78? And which holley system is on it?
I'm curious because I'm looking at aftermarket injection for my mustang. (69)
Thanks for the info
Cheers
Mileage on the 78... Speedometer has been replaced by the previous owner. We bought as another project. Interestingly, we also have a 69 Mach I! The fuel injection on the 78 is Holley Sn_per - with an "i". Highly recommend. It works great.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Take care Johnny. I hope you feel better.
I am heading to Boise in the morning for a drag race at Firebird raceway this weekend. Ill be offline for a bit.
I looked it up and seems like alot of people will be their. Hope you all have good luck and nice weather and a safe time.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Ok, I see now! That's interesting. I'm curious if there's anything hiding out in mine. Getting it ready to get painted - hopefully - and haven't seen any issues since gutting it but we didn't look there! Lol! Thanks for the tip! I'll be looking into that.
Well one way to find out is. Remove the emergency brake out of the way. and take a bucket of water or use a hose . To pour WATER DOWN INTO THE WIPER AREA. Then look at the vent---if its full--you should see water coming in.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Ok, I see now! That's interesting. I'm curious if there's anything hiding out in mine. Getting it ready to get painted - hopefully - and haven't seen any issues since gutting it but we didn't look there! Lol! Thanks for the tip! I'll be looking into that.
Best thing to do when you get ready to park it over time or a little while. RODENT REPEL IT. A mouse will get in the headliner and build a nest and ***. In time more will join and next thing you know it. The inside OVERHEAD is eating out buy the ***. Corn starch and corn meal is a good fix.--plugg,em up

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Howdy from New Mexico! We're new here... My husband and I just started our restoration journey recently. We got both a 1978 and 1979 - his and hers, lol. We're looking to start with the 79 - getting it repainted, engine upgraded, and all the other goodies in the middle. We gutted it and got started on paint/body work estimates. Been ordering parts like crazy and learning a lot along the way. Looking forward to posting progress, and hopefully getting roadblocks figured out here and there... we're excited to dig in to the threads and learn more.
I see one of yours has the slideing side glaass too. So do mine

Attachments

• 3--29--2022--78 bronco.jpg
    3--29--2022--78 bronco.jpg
    264.7 KB · Views: 4
  • 78 Ford Bronco with ALL SMALL MIRRORS.jpg
    78 Ford Bronco with ALL SMALL MIRRORS.jpg
    220.7 KB · Views: 4
OP
OP
dkverde

dkverde

Reaction score
How do you like the small mirrors?
I think they look really cool but I don't find them very useful honestly... Just too small in my opinion! I can't see enough of the road and traffic through them. Actually going to install the bigger fold away mirrors on the 79 after it gets painted. Are you keeping the small mirrors?

johnnyreb

Reaction score
I think they look really cool but I don't find them very useful honestly... Just too small in my opinion! I can't see enough of the road and traffic through them. Actually going to install the bigger fold away mirrors on the 79 after it gets painted. Are you keeping the small mirrors?
yes, I like them alot better. Plus you can see better around them. (to me I can ) Plus I don,t get my eyes knocked out at night.With a car coming in behind me.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
I see one of yours has the slideing side glaass too. So do mine
When I feel better and up and around doing something. I,ll see about getting a side view of the red and nwhite bronco and post hear. I had some on hear,but my machine took a dive and had to get a different machine.

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Howdy from New Mexico! We're new here... My husband and I just started our restoration journey recently. We got both a 1978 and 1979 - his and hers, lol. We're looking to start with the 79 - getting it repainted, engine upgraded, and all the other goodies in the middle. We gutted it and got started on paint/body work estimates. Been ordering parts like crazy and learning a lot along the way. Looking forward to posting progress, and hopefully getting roadblocks figured out here and there... we're excited to dig in to the threads and learn more.

That is awesome! Nice collection of Broncos! Are you able to post up a build thread of what you have done so far?

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Plus they show the original size of the area behind you. I remeber when I first got my Ram. I was on the interstate and passed this vehicle. I almost hit the person. Because the mirror told me they were a good bit back--when in fact they were close. They have small print on the passenger side mirror---OBJECT IS CLOSER ------------I wonder how many serious accident they have caused.

OP
OP
dkverde

dkverde

Reaction score
That is awesome! Nice collection of Broncos! Are you able to post up a build thread of what you have done so far?
Thank you! I never thought digging through the guts of an old truck would make my day - but here we are! I started a thread under General Discussion in the Second Gen area (link below) with a few pics of what we did so far to our 79. Sounds like the garage is happy to have us come in a see progress so I hope to have more updates along the way...😁

https://www.broncozone.com/threads/restoration-is-go.28854/#post-148196

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Thank you! I never thought digging through the guts of an old truck would make my day - but here we are! I started a thread under General Discussion in the Second Gen area (link below) with a few pics of what we did so far to our 79. Sounds like the garage is happy to have us come in a see progress so I hope to have more updates along the way...😁

https://www.broncozone.com/threads/restoration-is-go.28854/#post-148196
Its looking good.don,t be like me--get in too big a hurry and mess up on the finally finish and have to do it over. Its hard not to do. With the excitement a person can get.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Its looking good.don,t be like me--get in too big a hurry and mess up on the finally finish and have to do it over. Its hard not to do. With the excitement a person can get.
Think your happy now? Wait until you get done with a beautiful truck and you hear people complimenting you all for doing a great job. Its a great feeling.

OP
OP
dkverde

dkverde

Reaction score
Think your happy now? Wait until you get done with a beautiful truck and you hear people complimenting you all for doing a great job. Its a great feeling.
It will definitely take some time but I think it will be worth it. Could have just bought a new truck but this is more fun!

johnnyreb

Reaction score
It will definitely take some time but I think it will be worth it. Could have just bought a new truck but this is more fun!
Well I made that descion once .What I paid for the new one. I could had both my bronco in new shape and have a better truck. In my opinion--you made a wiser choice then me,.Congratulations.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Ask them--when is mold coming in fashion? hahahah I like yo. I was tinkering and planning on taking the red and white one out---yep---you guessed it. Now I have the flue or something. Whatever it is --it is rough.
How cold is it up their now? It got pretty hot down hear. Don,t like the heat.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fryman22