Newbie from Tampa

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Anvilair

Reaction score
Hey all! Dave from Tampa here. Just got my 2022 Base model in December and getting around to joining a few forums to research mods and events. I have only made some very minor interior mods so far including RC neoprene seat covers and other useful goodies like the Weather Tech floor mats. Looking forward to being a positive contributor to this site! Here are a few pics of my rig... wanted one since high school in the 80s' LOL!(And yeah the wife drives her too! Manual and all!)

Tiha

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome!

Why is it that people in the sunniest, hottest states always want black cars? LOL

I mean my wife is from Deep South Texas and she loves black cars, with Black interior. I am like really? You have to reach in, start the car, turn the AC on and burn 5 gallons of fuel just to get it cool enough to sit down inside.

Nice looking Bronco. Wife keeps wanting a new little SUV. I keep trying but haven't won the Bronco battle yet.

paul rondelli

Reaction score
That is exactly what I researched. The two door base with the stick shift... and since I already own two black OBS Broncos ... the color would have to be black.

Did you upgrade to the V-6?

You can keep all the goat mode/ leather/ heated steering wheel/ options. leave those to the super duty folks.

If she needs to be lifted/locked/ and maybe SAS ... then I can make it happen.

**** I even dig the steelies

Welcome and GO GATORS

OP
OP
Anvilair

Anvilair

Reaction score
That is exactly what I researched. The two door base with the stick shift... and since I already own two black OBS Broncos ... the color would have to be black.

Did you upgrade to the V-6?

You can keep all the goat mode/ leather/ heated steering wheel/ options. leave those to the super duty folks.

If she needs to be lifted/locked/ and maybe SAS ... then I can make it happen.

**** I even dig the steelies

Welcome and GO GATORS
I stuck with the 2.3 and have had no complaints. I may look into 17's and a 33" tire in the near future but right now I am excited to get my running boards delivered! I may try to get them installed this weekend but the wife has me tiling the back splash :(

Thanks for the warm welcome!

paul rondelli

Reaction score
I have been following the 'roll out" of the new Broncos. I'm not going to lie.... and tell you i was not worried. After the Ford Focus fiasco with the DCT transmission .... my trust in Ford was at an all-time low.

So far the "roll out" has been a great success. A little issue with parts ... but no major issues with failures. It is still a little soon to see if any electrical problems may arise. ..... but I'm truly blown away by the great job Ford has done.

This will also reflect itself in the after market value of your ride. Your ride is probably already worth more than you paid for it..... and that is very, very rare.

Tiha

Staff member
Reaction score
I stuck with the 2.3 and have had no complaints.
It is all about managing expectations. LOL

I know we will never tow with it, go off roading. Only downfall I can see to the 2.3 is maybe a little doggy when cruising through the mountains, but at least myself, I am not in a hurry like I used to be.
Would rather get better fuel mileage and be able to travel farther.