Tardy Introduction from South Florida

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DBStoots

Reaction score
I'm afraid that while I have been posting for a while, I have neglected to formally introduce myself and my Bronco to the forum! I bought my 1994 Eddie Bauer Edition Ford Bronco (my 3rd one in the past 20 years or so) on March 20 after a successful bid on Bring a Trailer. "Doc" had lived its entire life (except for 2-3 years starting in 1998 when it was driven to AZ where it spent 3 years at the doctor's vacation home) within 20 miles of the selling dealership (Galloway Ford) in Ft. Myers, Florida (the original owner was a physician--hence the nickname). The second owner, Franko, bought the vehicle in 2010 from the good doctor's widow after he passed away. Franko stored the Bronco in his air-conditioned warehouse, putting about 20,000 miles on it in 11 years mostly driving it 9 times to the Bronco Super Celebration ( in Townsend, TN and back where it won a few awards /trophies).

Doc is almost 100% original--all original paint (except the hood and cowling that were re-painted). The only replacement parts that are not OEM include ball joints (better Moog ball joints); rotors and brake pads; both rear brake cylinders; both front door speakers (have installed custom after market audio system since buying the Bronco); both mirrors. The top has never been off. Here are some mod's/repairs:
  • the automatic-locking front hubs were replaced with manually-locking hubs
  • the water pump was sent back to Ford and rebuilt (has April 1994 stamped on it--cost 4X what a new OEM would have cost)
  • the transmission was refurbished (the transmission case is the original one but all internals including converter are OEM F-250 internal parts)
  • All 3 window motors
  • All inner and outer window weather-strips
  • Motorcarft battery
  • Both motor mounts
Since buying the vehicle, I have changed oil and filter; flushed radiator/cooling system; installed new thermostat; installed new brake master cylinder and brake booster; installed new audio system (head unit, front and rear speakers, sub); had the spare tire carrier powder coated; and had her ceramic coated.

Here are a few pic's:

4A03B7FC-9396-42A2-A306-EFB9AADFBF5B.jpg

A89770A7-EA53-4A67-AC2F-2F8C55478D38.jpg

4665EA49-CD92-4B99-BA90-FC2DBE44FA2D.jpg
0CF5548A-E0ED-43C1-94D3-CA81CACCD9FF.jpg

IMG_8487.jpeg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members