Catalytic converter cleaner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Motech

Reaction score
Anyone know if this platinum stuff as effective as the old version?

Same here. I would be skeptical though. Chevron's Techron was reported to be a different, weaker formula in the consumer product that became available to all retailers than it was in the commercial package that was previously available only at Chevron outlets.

OP
OP
mikefamig

mikefamig

Reaction score
I read that one reason for changing the formula of these fuel additives if becasue there are no caps on fuel filler necks now to prevent fumes from escaping

L\Bronco

Reaction score
I read that one reason for changing the formula of these fuel additives if becasue there are no caps on fuel filler necks now to prevent fumes from escaping
Actually Mike, the capless systems are still sealed internally. (They have to be by law) The cap has been removed as another way to get the
"idiot out of the picture", If we don't have to take it off, then we can't ***** up putting it back on!
Cheers

OP
OP
mikefamig

mikefamig

Reaction score
Actually Mike, the capless systems are still sealed internally. (They have to be by law) The cap has been removed as another way to get the
"idiot out of the picture", If we don't have to take it off, then we can't ***** up putting it back on!
Cheers
Yeah, I didn't say that I believed it, I just said that I read it. My motto is question everything.

OP
OP
mikefamig

mikefamig

Reaction score
You guys must have heard

"It's better to keep quiet and appear ignorant than to open your mouth and prove it"

EDIT

I've always loved one-liners, especially Groucho Marx and W. C. Fields. And don't forget Rodney Dangerfield!

L\Bronco

Reaction score
You guys must have heard

"It's better to keep quiet and appear ignorant than to open your mouth and prove it"

EDIT

I've always loved one-liners, especially Groucho Marx and W. C. Fields. And don't forget Rodney Dangerfield!
For sure!
My 1st auto instructor's version was
"Better to be quiet and thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"
That one has helped me through life for sure!
Cheers

goodO1boydws

Reaction score
For sure!
"Better to be quiet and thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"
Cheers

That's one of my favorites.
Today I found that it has a long and interesting history, with many variations, and with them being credited to different people and books along the way. According to this short article (link below) it even has roots in the King James Bible...(which itself is a updated version in a series of updated translations and collections).

Another ancient proverb, found in many versions and cultures is often even more pithy. The one I like the best:

"An empty barrel makes the most noise."

Remind you of any particular politician, or most of them?

L\Bronco

Reaction score
That's one of my favorites.
Today I found that it has a long and interesting history, with many variations, and with them being credited to different people and books along the way. According to this short article (link below) it even has roots in the King James Bible...(which itself is a updated version in a series of updated translations and collections).

Another ancient proverb, found in many versions and cultures is often even more pithy. The one I like the best:

"An empty barrel makes the most noise."

Remind you of any particular politician, or most of them?
All of them I think!
I like that one a lot!

OP
OP
mikefamig

mikefamig

Reaction score
For sure!
Cheers

I was just paraphrasing, too lazy to look google the actual quote.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke