New Replacement Catalytic Converter check engine light on.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jimbronco91

Reaction score
I replaced my Catalytic Converter on my 1991 Ford Bronco 5.0 with aftermarket 48 state because the original Catalytic Converter had begun throwing a code. I went from the "y" to tailpipe. I was wondering if anyone has had the same experience & how did you solve it. If tape over check engine is the only solution I am okay with that.

Tiha

Staff member
Reaction score
So it is like a high flow performance cat?

that truck only has one o2 sensor right?

Tiha

Staff member
Reaction score
I am not the most knowledgeable on this one. I believe the O2 sensor has some input on engine controls so disabling it is not the best solution?

OP
OP
J

jimbronco91

Reaction score
I am to impatience the light came on right after I replaced and drove it a few miles but after that it hasn't come on again. I guess it must of taken a few starts & miles on it & it has not come back on for the computer to ID the change. Thank you to everyone that got back with help. I am experiencing hot start problem. Again it is not an everytime issue. Give it 30 minutes to cool, it starts right up & no problem after that. Any ideas?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23