Carbed Air Cleaner Ducting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ledzilla

Reaction score
So, when I bought my Bronco, it came with an Edelbrock exposed filter air cleaner. Trying to drive it around this past summer, it didn't run well especially on the hotter days once the engine got up to temp. I'm figuring that it was pulling in air that was too hot and insufficiently dense. Given that warmer weather is on the way, I'm wanting to replace the air cleaner with some kind of ducted assembly that will allow colder air to be pulled from the front, or elsewhere. I have no trouble finding ducting to use, but the cleaner assembly is a different matter. The only assemblies I can find that will allow a single duct and fit on a 4bbl carb are made by Vortech and are about $500. I really don't want to spend that kind of money just so I can have 3"-4" round inlet. I've seen plenty of stock replacement air cleaners out there, but the stock ducting available seems hard to find in a sufficiently decent and complete condition.

So, by any chance would anyone know of off-the-shelf parts I could use? I'm not looking to make anything fancy or good-looking, just functional and cost-effective. I'm also not planning on going off-roading in any significant way, so I don't need any kind of snorkel setup. I just want to pull cooler air from in front of the core support.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lana Kane