New Guy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sharpe

Reaction score
New member from Georgia.  I am in the process of restoring my dad's old 89 xlt.  I kept it when he passed and wanted to make it my own.  I have had it for about 2 years now and I am just now getting to the point where I wanted to change it.  It's 4wd and has the 351.  Slowly but surely I will get it back to where I think it needs to be.

Here is a picture of it fresh out of the paint booth.  I went back white with the to match the original color.  I went ahead and had them change all of the weather striping, remove the chrome fender strips, remove the XLT badges, and remove the bump guard side molding.  Hopefully I will have it back today or tomorrow from the electrical wiring shop.  Had an issue when I went to pick it up.  I had cranked it up previously in the yard one day and had smoke pour out from the dash.  I had it towed to our Ford dealer.  They couldn't find anything.  Well, it happened again when I was picking it up from the body shop.  Pulled the kick panel and saw behind the dash a glowing red ember.  The shop owner sent it to his wiring guy.  Looks like the original door hinge bolts were rubbing the wiring harness.  Over the years, it just rubbed them raw until they arced and burnt up. 

Just another step in this process.  Ready to have it back home.  Next is going to be wheels, tires, tint, and anything else I can think of that needs it.  Looking forward to learning quite a lot here. 

bronco.jpg

Seabronc

Reaction score
Welcome to the Zone  >:D< <'>   Nice looking truck!  Fill in your signature with the truck's vitals, it will help get more accurate responses to questions.

:)>-

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gryph