Old Guy - New to the group

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cvpd01

Reaction score
Thanks for the add. We are a 3 Bronco family. 22 Black Diamond 4dr soft top. My wife's 22 Badlands Sport (I know not a real Bronco, but don't want to **** her off) and a 96 XLT I picked up a couple of months ago. Did a number of restos in the past, Mustang, Firebird, Camaros but never a Bronco. Always wanted one just hadn't found the right one or had the time. The 96 kind of fell in my lap, what happens when you tell someone "if you ever want to sell your Bronco let me know". Solid one owner CA/AZ vehicle of a High School Auto Mechanics Teacher. Drives great mostly in need of some cosmetic work and of course the ever present back window won't go up and down. I'll be driving it while I do work on her and at my age it can be a little slow at times. Currently the getting the seat covers done and fixing the pesty back window are on top of the list. Started compounding & polishing the paint and looks like it will be decent when done. Love the ability to search through the posts for info. I try my best to do as much research as possible so I'm not asking questions that have already been answered.

Attachments

• bronco10.jpg
    bronco10.jpg
    281.9 KB · Views: 3

Tiha

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome!

How are you liking the 22 bronco?

I keep saying, nope not gonna get one, then I am like, okay maybe I like the way they look, then nope LOL

OP
OP
C

cvpd01

Reaction score
Welcome!

I keep saying, nope not gonna get one, then I am like, okay maybe I like the way they look, then nope LOL
Love it so far, almost 5k miles. Living in northern AZ we get lots of top down weather and it's really easy to put it back even for 1 person. Took it to Moab over Memorial Day and had a blast on the trails. Ours isn't lifted but we kept up with all the sasquatches and jeeps, maybe just a few more scrapes on the bash plates than they got. I still much prefer the looks of the gen 5 body style, but the technology in the new ones is amazing.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Thanks for the add. We are a 3 Bronco family. 22 Black Diamond 4dr soft top. My wife's 22 Badlands Sport (I know not a real Bronco, but don't want to **** her off) and a 96 XLT I picked up a couple of months ago. Did a number of restos in the past, Mustang, Firebird, Camaros but never a Bronco. Always wanted one just hadn't found the right one or had the time. The 96 kind of fell in my lap, what happens when you tell someone "if you ever want to sell your Bronco let me know". Solid one owner CA/AZ vehicle of a High School Auto Mechanics Teacher. Drives great mostly in need of some cosmetic work and of course the ever present back window won't go up and down. I'll be driving it while I do work on her and at my age it can be a little slow at times. Currently the getting the seat covers done and fixing the pesty back window are on top of the list. Started compounding & polishing the paint and looks like it will be decent when done. Love the ability to search through the posts for info. I try my best to do as much research as possible so I'm not asking questions that have already been answered.
Welcome to the club

lynchsg

Reaction score
The back power window is really not that hard to do. There are limit/permissive switches, key switch (at the tailgate), a front dash switch, window regulator and lift motor.
If you've done vehicle restorations in the past, it's just common sense troubleshooting. Some times it is as simple as a bad ground or fuse...
Good luck! I love my Bronco!

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Welcome!

I followed one home the other day and the more I looked at it. It looks like the tail light are off of a Chevy Tracker upside down. I wished I could have gotten a chance to pass it. Because it made me starting to laugh.Mixing a Chevy Tracker with a bronco. Read about the troubles they are having.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke