1979 Bronco- 2003 Lightning swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Motech

Reaction score
ALL GREEN! upped the caster 2 deg on each side to settle it down a bit on the hwy, but everything else was very close! The T H R U S T :rolleyes: angle was zero!
(Sorry, that one made me happy, considering the framework was all tape measures and triangulating!)
Big win!

How gratifying that is, I am impressed! (again)

OP
OP
L\Bronco

L\Bronco

Reaction score
Still a ton of snow here, but the roads are clearing up. Brought the frankenbronco out for a spin yesterday.
STILL AWESOME!!
Going to work on the sound system this spring and maybe a different instrument cluster. Now that the beta version stock 2003 proved itself, I'm going to look for a lightning cluster. (Much nicer gauges, and the "supercharged" logo on the overlay is too cool!)
Going for another cruise this afternoon. Can't wait till it's nice enough to go T O P L E S S!
Cheers

OP
OP
L\Bronco

L\Bronco

Reaction score
I know, I said my plan was to daily it year round, but the first time I saw it covered in the salt\calcium brine they put on the roads up here, I rushed it in and surgically washed every nook and cranny including inside the frame rails.
It survived for 44yrs, I don't have the heart to do that to her.
IMG_6837[1].JPGIMG_0517[1].JPGSo I fixed a crashed 2010 Mustang GT convertible and it will be my winter beater.
Cheers

johnnyreb

Reaction score
I know, I said my plan was to daily it year round, but the first time I saw it covered in the salt\calcium brine they put on the roads up here, I rushed it in and surgically washed every nook and cranny including inside the frame rails.
It survived for 44yrs, I don't have the heart to do that to her.
View attachment 31110View attachment 31111So I fixed a crashed 2010 Mustang GT convertible and it will be my winter beater.
Cheers
She looks really nice. Great work you done on it.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Thanks Johnny
I think I,ll try and start mine up today. Yesterday I blew the gas line out. Seemed like the rubber hose was a little big coming off of the mechinical pump to the line toward the tank. I cut a little off and double clamped it. wE HAVE NICE WEATHER TODAY.

Reaction score
I gotta say... I am certainly glad you shared your build with me in one of my threads! Awesome stuff, man! I'm inspired to keep modding and "FrankenBronco-ing" myself!

Love it! Congrats on the amazing work!

OP
OP
L\Bronco

L\Bronco

Reaction score
I gotta say... I am certainly glad you shared your build with me in one of my threads! Awesome stuff, man! I'm inspired to keep modding and "FrankenBronco-ing" myself!

Love it! Congrats on the amazing work!
Thanks man, its been fun plus an amazing learning experience.
Feel free to ask any time you need help!
Cheers

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Thanks man, its been fun plus an amazing learning experience.
Feel free to ask any time you need help!
Cheers
Got a question LBRONCO. I,m planning on starting to work on my 66 Farilane GT BEFORE LONG. I was wonder if (since you have worked on Ford s quite a bit. Which 428 is the best one to get--what year?

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Got a question LBRONCO. I,m planning on starting to work on my 66 Farilane GT BEFORE LONG. I was wonder if (since you have worked on Ford s quite a bit. Which 428 is the best one to get--what year?
I have quite a few 390 motors and was thinking about building one with a 428 crank . Any suggestions?

OP
OP
L\Bronco

L\Bronco

Reaction score
Are the woods still on fire in Canada? I hope not.
Hey Johnny, the will be an awesome ride! I love the old Fairlanes!
I haven’t done much messing around with the FE engines. If you are changing the stroke, you will need pistons with wrist pin heights to match so they have proper deck height and dont hit the counter weights on the crank.
Ive always been a fan of the 428 super cobrajet from the mustangs but with todays fuel, a fresh stock 390 GT would likely give you everything you need!
Just my 2 cents.
Cheers

OP
OP
L\Bronco

L\Bronco

Reaction score
Are the woods still on fire in Canada? I hope not.
Yes, its pretty good in my area now, but every time the wind blows from the north it gets smokey.
When we were racing in Boise in May, my neighbourhood was on evacuation alert for a week! The fires were a mile from my farm!
We’ve had quite a bit of rain in the last month, so its getting better for sure.
Thanks Johnny.
Cheers

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke