1979 bronco headers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Motech

Reaction score
Hedman 89210, the same ones I have now, the only difference is the Hedman 89216 has the high temp coating on them.
I don't know about this. If they are the same header with a ceramic coating, usually it will be the same number with a different prefix or suffix.

The 89210:

hed-89210_xl.jpg
Vs 89216:

hed-89216_w.jpg
hed-89210_xl-01.jpeg
With photo flipped for comparo, they're similar in construction for sure, but I can't tell. Looks to me that there are some differences.

I would call Hedman directly.

Motech

Reaction score
The problem I am running into is my motor is a 400cid and they only make one pair for the 400cid.

Odd, as I found at least four under chassis exiting headers from Hedman for 351/400 M applications.

. I am going to remove the passenger side header and use my tubing bender to try to get them to fit properly, then if everything goes well (yeah right) I will remove the driver's side and try to bend those tubes.

Just a word of caution:

Be careful with the modifications. California law allows for smog compliance with out of box installation. Any modifications that are really obvious could cause the technician to fail you, especially if you end up Star Station Directed. (Very likely possibility with your rig)

johnnyreb

Reaction score
I put a 390 in my 78 Bronco and from what I would be having trouble. Would be the driver side. The drive shaft is in the way. I was thinking maybe shorts and have them enter some Thrush side pipes I have. The old school set.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danno