1979 Bronco- 2003 Lightning swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lynchsg

Reaction score
Again, Thanks.
My shop, like any, have their drawbacks, but overall, its really good and lots of space, not to mention, 40 yrs worth of tools! I am pretty fortunate to have this much space to work on our stuff.
Plus Experience is really just a whole bunch of success and failure that you learn from (hopefully), I have had my share of both. Just make sure you always learn from the failures and celebrate the successes.
I have a saying for when you try something out of the box.
"If it works, tell everyone, If it doesn't, tell no one!"
Cheers
Only a year so far? Awesome work! Nothing better than experience, tools, and lots of workspace with a high roof. Very impressive!!

OP
OP
L\Bronco

L\Bronco

Reaction score
Only a year so far? Awesome work! Nothing better than experience, tools, and lots of workspace with a high roof. Very impressive!!
Thank you!
She will likely be a work in progress forever.
Tons of fun and lots of learning!
Cheers

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Hey Johnny, the will be an awesome ride! I love the old Fairlanes!
I haven’t done much messing around with the FE engines. If you are changing the stroke, you will need pistons with wrist pin heights to match so they have proper deck height and dont hit the counter weights on the crank.
Ive always been a fan of the 428 super cobrajet from the mustangs but with todays fuel, a fresh stock 390 GT would likely give you everything you need!
Just my 2 cents.
Cheers
I been wondering about the gas too. I can still get the 100% gas,but its not the high octane stuff. I,d run alcohol with it .When I do. It gives it a really nice boost.haha I,m planning on going to Webster Co Thursday or Friday and will look for your horn button. If it doesn,t rain.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Yes, its pretty good in my area now, but every time the wind blows from the north it gets smokey.
When we were racing in Boise in May, my neighbourhood was on evacuation alert for a week! The fires were a mile from my farm!
We’ve had quite a bit of rain in the last month, so its getting better for sure.
Thanks Johnny.
Cheers
Well that is good news. I wish you all good luck. Hear awaile back. When they were having the fires ut west. I had a friend working on a 747 . Making it for fire fighting duty. They were doing the work at tne boneyar in Arizona. When they were done. He sent a video of it and told me how biga area it covered. It was to be put on duty in Colorado Springs,Colorado. As soon as they got it the green light. Instead of useing it hear. What did they do? Sent it to Isral to fight THEIR fire. While people were looseing their home hear. Their comes a time when you have to help yourself---before you can help someone else. The politicians jump on CLIMATE CHANGE, but they don,t remember reading about the ICE AGE in school. Nothing is gonna be the same as it was a week ago. Alot of these forest fires can be prevented . If they went back to select cutting and NOT --CLEAR CUTTING . Its been proven trees do put out oxygen,but the politicians see dollars signs and NEVER see CLIMATE CHANGE THEIR. I hope they get your alls fires out soon.

OP
OP
L\Bronco

L\Bronco

Reaction score
Well that is good news. I wish you all good luck. Hear awaile back. When they were having the fires ut west. I had a friend working on a 747 . Making it for fire fighting duty. They were doing the work at tne boneyar in Arizona. When they were done. He sent a video of it and told me how biga area it covered. It was to be put on duty in Colorado Springs,Colorado. As soon as they got it the green light. Instead of useing it hear. What did they do? Sent it to Isral to fight THEIR fire. While people were looseing their home hear. Their comes a time when you have to help yourself---before you can help someone else. The politicians jump on CLIMATE CHANGE, but they don,t remember reading about the ICE AGE in school. Nothing is gonna be the same as it was a week ago. Alot of these forest fires can be prevented . If they went back to select cutting and NOT --CLEAR CUTTING . Its been proven trees do put out oxygen,but the politicians see dollars signs and NEVER see CLIMATE CHANGE THEIR. I hope they get your alls fires out soon.
Well said Johnny!
Be well friend.
Cheers

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Well said Johnny!
Be well friend.
Cheers
Oh before I forget. About a month ago. I had another check up colonoscopy and the doctor said everything look real good and he didn,t want to see my until 2 more years. Then about 2 weeks ago I had to go to the cancer center in Beckey,W.va and they said my kidneys looked border line,but what could have caused it was--I was dehydrated and I don,t have to go back their until about more months. I hope everything is going good for you. I have gained most of my weight back.but they think the reason I never got it all back is because I had been useing the push lawn mower.hahaha

OP
OP
L\Bronco

L\Bronco

Reaction score
Oh before I forget. About a month ago. I had another check up colonoscopy and the doctor said everything look real good and he didn,t want to see my until 2 more years. Then about 2 weeks ago I had to go to the cancer center in Beckey,W.va and they said my kidneys looked border line,but what could have caused it was--I was dehydrated and I don,t have to go back their until about more months. I hope everything is going good for you. I have gained most of my weight back.but they think the reason I never got it all back is because I had been useing the push lawn mower.hahaha
Thats awesome news Johnny!
I'm doing pretty well too.
(Still on 3 month checks though)
Cheers

johnnyreb

Reaction score
4 more months

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Thats awesome news Johnny!
I'm doing pretty well too.
(Still on 3 month checks though)
Cheers
iIt rained hard hear as I was coming back from Summersville--as I was heading toward Webster County. Italked to my sisters boyfriend on the phone and he said it was raining hard of their. As soon as I do get the chance to go their. I will and keep you posted.

Jimbo26

Reaction score
We are getting a bit more normal rain here also in NE TX, as opposed to drought like the last decade or so. Great for the garden crops.

Got everything put back together from the intake water leak malfunction. Static test for now.
Will see how it goes tomorrow. 🤞

johnnyreb

Reaction score
We are getting a bit more normal rain here also in NE TX, as opposed to drought like the last decade or so. Great for the garden crops.

Got everything put back together from the intake water leak malfunction. Static test for now.
Will see how it goes tomorrow. 🤞
We have been getting alot of rain hear too. I still haven,t gotten to go to Webster to get LBRONCO PART AND LOOK FOR SOME MYSELF.

OP
OP
L\Bronco

L\Bronco

Reaction score
My middle son picked up a new power polisher last week, he tried a couple spots on the frankenbronco.
IMG_5050.jpeg

Im pretty pumped to see how she shines up!
Cheers

OP
OP
L\Bronco

L\Bronco

Reaction score
I still haven,t gotten to go to Webster to get LBRONCO PART AND LOOK FOR SOME MYSELF.
Hey Johnny, dont make a special trip or anything. Im working on a harness to hook up the original cruise buttons to the 2003 pcm controlled system.
If it works, Ill be rocking the wood grain centre bar with the cruise switches
Thanks though
Cheers

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Well I am hoping I,ll be able to go tomorrow. It did not rin hear today,but heard is suppose to tonight and tomorrow. I ,m wanting to ee if I can locate a intake for the 390. I went up to my cousin,s garage today and got the winch for it. Its a Champion 10,000 lb one. They say they are good winches.. My cousin has one on his trailer and it stays out in the weather and hasn,t given him any trouble in about 15 years---so they must be good. I have never had it out of the box and have owned it about 15 years. I loaded it in the back of the bronco and gonn try and get a good heavy duty bumper made for the front and back. I have Reese hitches I want to use for it. That way ll ,ll have to do is hook it up where ever I will need it.

OP
OP
L\Bronco

L\Bronco

Reaction score
Feel free to send the ⛈️ down to NE TX. Drought season again here with no end in sight. ☀️ 🥵
Will do!
We are getting a lot in my area as well
2.5” in 6 hrs a couple weeks ago.
But we had drought all through april and may.
We can be done now for a while though

OP
OP
L\Bronco

L\Bronco

Reaction score
Hey all, made a small upgrade to the FrancenBronco this winter and thought I'd share.
Went with some wheels that are a bit better suited to the look I'm going for.

IMG_5448.jpeg

Next is a pair of Dee Zee steps and a set of mud flaps, (so I'm legal)
I'm planning to power polish the patina this spring and see how she looks.
Little by little...
Cheers

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lana Kane