Would you be more interested...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beausdad

Reaction score
Would you be more interested in buying a Bronco if the minor issues that it had were not there when buying and therefore create a moderatly higher asking price or simply fixing them yourself and paying less? We are only talking about a $500 difference here.

EvlFaust

Reaction score
Generally I am the type of person that will buy a Bronco for a lower price and just fix up anything that may be wrong with it. It really all comes down to the cost, time, and effort that its going to take to make the repairs. If its from a private seller small problems with the vehicle can be a great bargaining tool to get the best price for the truck.

bluesman17

Spam Terminator
Reaction score
It depends on location too, if youre in an area where people dont like working on their cars (temp super white collar etc) I personally like working on my truck so i can be sure of the quality and whats going in it (transmissions are a different story Id rather have my teeth pulled out with pliers) Good luck selling it though wed all rather see you keep it :-"

Broncosaurus!

Reaction score
If it were a lexus, I'd say fix it, but the type of person who buys a bronco will not pay you enough to make it worthwhile fixing the little stuff, so I say sell as is.

bobstrat

Reaction score
as a buyer i would look for all the things i could to bring the price down.

as a seller i would try to have as much fixed as i could to keep the price up.

lord knows ill still take a beating when im done.

Cocobum

Reaction score
If the repairs would take you less than a day to do I would do it because that doesn't give the buyer as much to work with when haggling for the price

OP
OP
beausdad

beausdad

Reaction score
Unfortunately I can't keep it. I need money to offest the cost of the Explorer I had to get. New baby + Neo-natal Intensive Care stay of 10 days = Doctors padding the bill because I told them they were idiots and should let me take my son home cause he was fine. Little advice - don't ever tell a hospital doctor that he is an idiot - they will keep you there even longer just to get more money out of you. Basically the money from the Bronc plus tax refund for my deduction baby is going to cover the cost of the hospital stay that is not covered by the "we don't care how long you have paid in we are going to ***** you anyway" insurance. Do I sound bitter?

I vote for keeping it as well ( Is that an option? ) :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

fordtruckman

Reaction score
i don't have a bronco. (then get lost) yea i heard you. but in general if a bronco has rusty fender wells then i think its just another piece of junk when i see it. another thing that turns me off when looking to buy another vehicle of any kind is ; has some body torn up the wiring is there any wires hanging down from under the dash for speakers or god knows what. that is a bad sign for me. then i move on to interior overall shape split seat cover degrade the value dirty or worm carpet or mats. the out side as i said before should be pretty un rusty and dent free. or if it is dented then only a fender that i can replace later with just another fender.

bluesman17

Spam Terminator
Reaction score
Most people know that even rusty trucks can be mechanically strong and if you happen to find someones thats into broncos we all know the big issues with them (tailgate and quarter panel rust, rear window not working, oil pan rusting out etc..)while an extremely rusted truck ill avoid i usually dont write off a vehicle they stopped making 11 years ago for typical rust

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
beausdad

beausdad

Reaction score
THe body is in the greatest condition I have everseen for e vehicle that is 12 years old. Not a speck of rust anywhere. Two dings on the entire truck. Needs new lower ball joints, manual locking hubs (cause auto lockers ****), new shocks, new oil pan gasket, plugs and wires. That's it. I sware every time I think about it I want to cry. This was the truck I had wanted since I turned 16. I got it and love it and now can't keep. AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH (he screams while kicking the wall)

i don't have a bronco. (then get lost) yea i heard you. but in general if a bronco has rusty fender wells then i think its just another piece of junk when i see it. another thing that turns me off when looking to buy another vehicle of any kind is ; has some body torn up the wiring is there any wires hanging down from under the dash for speakers or god knows what. that is a bad sign for me. then i move on to interior overall shape split seat cover degrade the value dirty or worm carpet or mats. the out side as i said before should be pretty un rusty and dent free. or if it is dented then only a fender that i can replace later with just another fender.

Yardape

Reaction score
Broncos with a clean body are worth big bucks. No lies, they are going for $12,000.00 - $15,000.00 as long as they are kept in good shape. There are 2 here in town for sale, I think they are both '94s ones $22,000.00 and the one I want is $25,000.00 not saying you will get that but with a clean body, you fix the easy stuff you can get a good dollar for it.

Mike @ Tracy

Reaction score
Unfortunately I can't keep it. I need money to offest the cost of the Explorer I had to get. New baby + Neo-natal Intensive Care stay of 10 days = Doctors padding the bill because I told them they were idiots and should let me take my son home cause he was fine. Little advice - don't ever tell a hospital doctor that he is an idiot - they will keep you there even longer just to get more money out of you. Basically the money from the Bronc plus tax refund for my deduction baby is going to cover the cost of the hospital stay that is not covered by the "we don't care how long you have paid in we are going to ***** you anyway" insurance. Do I sound bitter?
No you dont sound bitter, You sound like a working man > > As most of you know my 86 has been down for a while now, the overtime at work doesnt allow time to work on it. Without the overtime I cant pay for my future bronco owners arrival. He's due march 6............Congratulations on the new arrival > My Bronc is an 86 with a six and I still paid 2500 You'rs is newer and in better condition. I'd fix the small stuff and shoot for top dollar then you have room to come down if you have to!!

Redneckn

Reaction score
I don't know what the Bronco market is like everywhere else, but here's the deal I got. I actually don't know if it was a deal or not really. I just really really wanted it.

1986 Bronco. 5.0L V-8. Stock trans, transfer case, axles. Manual hubs. 6" SuperLift, 35x12.50-15 Maxxis Buckshots with about 75% tread still on them, not stock wheels (dont know what they are), Everything in working order. Leaks a little oil. Leaks something else I've not identified yet. Lower part of exterior tailgate rusted. Nice Pioneer head unit, 400watt Lanzar amp, Box for 2 12" subs, 1 mtx sub that works fine. Has a slight leak around the top corners of windshield. Needs new weather stripping for door windows and rear window. Had to replace the thermosat. Had to add a Hidden Hitch. Had to replace the coil. Having to (Monday or Tuesday) add a Steering stabilizer. Headliner will be in need of re-glue before years end. Stock bumpers. No winch. Flowmaster mufflers. Had to fix the headlight plug. Not really worth mentioning I guess.. Had to fix the horn that plays "Dixie". Drivers side seat belt hitch doesnt work. I have it rigged for the time being. Paint on hood and top is gone, but not rusted thru or anything. Will be putting primer on that until I can get it painted.

That's about all I can think about. I paid $3000 for it. And didnt have a problem doing it. I may have gotten took a little, but I had to have it. And, you just don't see many Broncos around here. I did see a bone stock 93 for sale at the same time. They wanted 5500 for it and wouldnt budge off the price. When I say that you don't see many around here, I mean I can count on 1 hand the ones I've seen since I got mine.

I don't know what you're asking for yours. But I can tell by your post that you're not gonna really be happy about it no matter what. Just by judging from your avatar (if that's your ride) and the engine/tire combo/year model. Here in the Shreveport Louisiana area I'd venture to say that you wouldnt have a hard time getting around 6K for it. If it was mine and I was selling it here and could take my time with selling it, I could get around 8K for it. The problem with selling a 4X4 here at this time of year is that hunting season is over. When it gets close to deer season around here 4X4 prices go thru the roof.

Good luck with getting what you want out of yours.

Redneckn

Reaction score
Don't hate me...I'm assuming that you hate me because I got a pretty good deal... I've had a few people tell me that, but then some people tell you that kind of thing to be nice...

If you hate me because I didnt have a problem paying that for it, well, that's something else... haha. I've been ******* for a 4x4 for years. I found myself suddenly with no ride and the Bronco was sitting there everyday on the way home... Wife had a lot to do with me getting it. She and I both love to camp, but I refuse to go in a car. The Fords I had at the time were either not really reliable or not anything close to be legal for street use...

I honestly feel like I got lucky with this Bronco. It even has a growing fan club. Kids in the area come by and gawk at it. People in cars are suddenly waving at me for no real reason. It's not the biggest ride in these parts. Not the highest lifted. Not the biggest tires. I don't know what it is, but I sure to get a lot of people tell me how "badass that truck is". Makes me feel good.

Broncosaurus!

Reaction score
yeah i hate you beacues i'm jealous, in a nice sort of way. I would have been much better off buying a beat up and lifted bronco because thats what I want and now i'm starting with a nice bronco and taking all the depreciation and modification $ loss

OP
OP
beausdad

beausdad

Reaction score
Well if any of you are interested and want to drive to High Point, North Carolina to pick it up I am selling it at an awesome price and I can tell you everything that needs to be fixed or is recently replaced.

'95 Bronco Eddie Bauer

351 W

31X10.50 (need replaced)

All the Eddie Bauer crap

Sony Xplod single disc, MP3 flip down face

Pioneer 5 1/2 3 ways in door

Pioneer 6X9 3 ways in rear

Needs:

Lower ball joints

Manual Hubs - stupid autos

Plug Wires - misses at around 45-55mph

Has oil leak (210K miles - what do you expect) - runs great though. If I hadn't bought the Explorer would still be driving it everyday.

New or Nearly New parts:

A/C Compressor (1.5 yr. old)

Battery

Transfer Case Shift Motor

Rear Brakes

Water Pump

Driver's side window motor

Rear window switch

The driver's seat leather is torn under the right thigh (sorry - I like mexican food - just kidding).

Tailgate is bent behind spare where previous owner let his wife back it into their garage (idiot)

Rear Window works, but needs coercing to get back up.

I have changed the oil every 2500 miles just because I love her and changed the tranny fluid last year. Have not doen the rear diff or transfer case, but I am sure you can do that. I have been waiting for some consistent weather so I can wash and wax and clean her up real good before I take pictures.

Kelly Blue book in her condition which I put in as fair(read definition of fair on their website) is $3500

$3000 obo and she is yours. If you want pictures as is let me know. Hate to use forum as car lot, but at least I know she would be going to good home and not out to pasture or a glue factory.

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23