What is the best 3-4"lift kit for a 79 Bronco?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

muddrivermike

Reaction score
Muddy, have you checked the prices with SPEEDY TIRES on the net? They are family owned business in Louisana and their prices is alot cheaper then hear. Check them out on the net.
They're already done. Being an pretty much ex auto mechanic. I have a shop i use that I can trust for things I dont want to do. I switched to heavy machinery about 10 years ago, which Is why Im no longer in the automotive shops. I like using local shops if I can. Builds a better relationship.

OX1

Reaction score
Thank you. That is exactly what I’m looking for. Nice rims. If you dont mind me asking, what brand are they?And also, I like your Bronco! That color combination is very clean looking.

Thanks, just finished up a year long re-fresh, per say

ProComp Extreme Alloys. They are cheap Chinese, but just went for first test drive, and they are smooth up through 60 so far.

They were $125 a couple months ago, now they are $152 (no inflation though, UGH!!!)

Can maybe try to get them to match price here, if anyone is really interested.

Sorry, those won't work for most. I converted to 8 lug, but you can get the same rim in 5 lug.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Unless you are going to offroad and/or go with a larger tire than 35, I don't recommend a 4" lift.
2" front springs and add-a leaf (or 1 inch rear block), require almost no major concessions to the
rest of suspension and drivetrain, where 4 you start to get at the limits.

The rears are almost 1 inch higher than front stock, so the 2/1 deal levels that out. I've run 35 AT's.
(which are small 35's) for 20 odd years and they fit fine, even with extra weight of snow plow on front.
The only other mods you need with that setup are 'maybe" adj track bar to make it perfect (although I ran
without until just this year) and longer shocks (but only front is somewhat mandatory).

I like Superlift coils, but I haven't bought a new coil spring in well over 10 years. The progressive springs and
high number miltipack leaf spring setups ride the best. Again, for street, you want softer coils/leaves and
BIG sway bars front and rear.
ox1,have you thought about useing air shocks up front? If you can,nt find any. You can make them. Later on.When the weather starts warming up. I,m planning on making another set and take pictures and have them posted on hear.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Unless you are going to offroad and/or go with a larger tire than 35, I don't recommend a 4" lift.
2" front springs and add-a leaf (or 1 inch rear block), require almost no major concessions to the
rest of suspension and drivetrain, where 4 you start to get at the limits.

The rears are almost 1 inch higher than front stock, so the 2/1 deal levels that out. I've run 35 AT's.
(which are small 35's) for 20 odd years and they fit fine, even with extra weight of snow plow on front.
The only other mods you need with that setup are 'maybe" adj track bar to make it perfect (although I ran
without until just this year) and longer shocks (but only front is somewhat mandatory).

I like Superlift coils, but I haven't bought a new coil spring in well over 10 years. The progressive springs and
high number miltipack leaf spring setups ride the best. Again, for street, you want softer coils/leaves and
BIG sway bars front and rear.
Now useing the BIGGER SWAY BARS---will the brackets bolt in the same place or do you have to re-drill new holes. I have dealt with Helwig out in California and they are good people to deal with.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
I haven't checked on tires like this in a while. I put the 44s on 6 years ago. And actually today, i have to drop my wifes suv off for tires. They're 265/65-18s, and just them alone are costing me a little over $1500. My tire guy said that prices keep going up. So who knows by time i need new ones on the bronco what thats gonna hammer me for.
Now another question. I don,t have a garage or lift . I was thinking bout just getting some wood blocks and cap wedges . Cut each mount--say 2 at a time and installing them that way. The reason I want to go 3 inches is because . If I have to take the oil pan off of it again--I won,t have to jack the frame up (if any) so high to get the pan off and it will also raise the body off of the rubber gas hose into the tank.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke