10r140 transmission 78 bronco from bell housing to transfer case is 54.5”, I had a 4 speed manual trans and from bell housing to transfer case is 36.5

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trucker

Reaction score
10r140 transmission 78 bronco from bell housing to transfer case is 54.5”, I had a 4 speed manual trans and from bell housing to transfer case is 36.5” I’m unaware what a C-6 measurement is to see how far off the 10r140 will be (if I can get it to work) with a 4” lift the drive shaft angle was already pretty tight even with the rear end pointed right at it can anybody give any info on the C-6 bell housing to transfer case measurements?

johnnyreb

Reaction score
10r140 transmission 78 bronco from bell housing to transfer case is 54.5”, I had a 4 speed manual trans and from bell housing to transfer case is 36.5” I’m unaware what a C-6 measurement is to see how far off the 10r140 will be (if I can get it to work) with a 4” lift the drive shaft angle was already pretty tight even with the rear end pointed right at it can anybody give any info on the C-6 bell housing to transfer case measurements?
I,ll try and get it for you in a short while-

L\Bronco

Reaction score
Bellhousing to the mating surface on the leading edge of the T-Case? Or the tailshaft on the Tcase?

OP
OP
T

Trucker

Reaction score
Tail shaft on tcase
I was able to add the 21” to the bell housing and the transfer case and rounded out to 38.8 “ with that measurement it still leave 24.4” over the c4 , I’m still gonna try it and see if I can’t make it work with the 10r140

johnnyreb

Reaction score
I was able to add the 21” to the bell housing and the transfer case and rounded out to 38.8 “ with that measurement it still leave 24.4” over the c4 , I’m still gonna try it and see if I can’t make it work with the 10r140
Now my 78 Bronco has a C-6. Do you have an old C-4 TRANSMISSION?

L\Bronco

Reaction score
Tail shaft on tcase
Ive got a C-6 setup on the shelf
I measured 52 1\2" from the top of the bellhousing to the bottom of the "U"JOINT cup. (Cup pointed at the top of trans)
That puts you close. It doesn't cost too much to have a driveshaft shortened.
I did mine for my 4R100, (Just have to get them balanced.)
Cheers
driveshaft4.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

Trucker

Reaction score
It comes with ecm but not sure if the shifter on the steering wheel will work or if I’ll have to get a aftermarket
Still in the planning phase if I can get the 10r140 to work 4.56 gears at 70 mph it works to 1930 rpm’s. With 35” tires , 1750 rpm’s with 38” tires

OP
OP
T

Trucker

Reaction score
Still in the planning phase if I can get the 10r140 to work 4.56 gears at 70 mph it works to 1930 rpm’s. With 35” tires , 1750 rpm’s with 38” tires
The stock ecm for the transmission should perform like I want but I can have it tuned as well, the Godzilla will take stock ecm with tuning due to cam changes and head work but I’ll keep posting as I progress and learn myself

L\Bronco

Reaction score
The stock ecm for the transmission should perform like I want but I can have it tuned as well, the Godzilla will take stock ecm with tuning due to cam changes and head work but I’ll keep posting as I progress and learn myself
Sounds like a beast!
I have a build thread going for my 79 lightning swap if you are interested.
Much lower budget than what you are doing, but might give you some ideas.
Man that sounds cool! Post some picts!
Cheers

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sgariffo