What Did you Do With Your Bronco Today???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Skitter302

Staff member
Reaction score
qA9TLa2.jpg

Got the controls working. The white vacuum line under the hood completely rotted out so the system never had enough suction to operate the diaphragms to move the dampers. 

Skitter302

Staff member
Reaction score
Put a Blind spot mirror on the Centurion and drove around the block to see how I liked the angle of the mirror.

Thank fully It was only around the Block, tire let its own air out.  This tire hasn't had any issues with leaking, no punctures through the tread, just gave up the ghost...

eFsJEO5.jpg

Skitter302

Staff member
Reaction score
I've been reading on the internet that tires that mount'd onto a 16.5" wheel like to do this. But in this case I'm going to go with  "TIRE FAILURES CAUSED BY OLD TIRES" and lack of maintenance.

35x12.5 r17 tires an't the cheapest at the moment So I'm thinking about getting some stamp'd steel rims just so I can keep driving it this winter.

5duwduN.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Skitter302

Staff member
Reaction score
Vision Wheel 85H7981NS

17X9

8x6.5

Gloss Black

CenterBore: 130.80

Offset: -12

Back Space= 4.500

Load Rating=

3650lbs

Skitter302

Staff member
Reaction score
Tune Up

2b71kzH.jpg

Fix some lights

9FvYXUP.jpg

and make others brighter

iFfEGnQ.jpg

in the plans are some new fuel injectors and an adj fuel press regulator.

Skitter302

Staff member
Reaction score
Got my new fuel injectors from fiveologyracing. But my 29 day old fuel pump in the tank died. Had the Centurion towed back to the mechanic. He does good work but he's a one man shop and his lot was full when I dropped it off.

I thought about doing the fuel pump myself but the 30 day parts and labor warranty is about to pay for its self. 

Skitter302

Staff member
Reaction score
Got the Centurion back from the shop. We will see how good fuel pump #3 works.

My '91 will go to the trans shop for an official diagnostic.

Skitter302

Staff member
Reaction score
6" Drop hitch was the perfect amount for the the Car hauler I was using today.

aLgpFwl.jpg

Towing with the Centurion was great. I honestly thought it tow'd better and smoother then my '84 F-350 Crew Cab.

AGToEUw.jpg

Skitter302

Staff member
Reaction score
We got snow in the valley for the first time this winter season.

LcOTmXW.jpg

Skitter302

Staff member
Reaction score
Got around to installing the injectors and adjustable regulator in the 4 Door today.

2Dz13Q9.jpg

Skitter302

Staff member
Reaction score
Sunday, I was following the F150 in front of me when I dropped through the top crust and my rear slid off to the side. I was just too heavy for the snow trail, the Bronco behind me was floating along.

AWL4gf4.jpg

2P4PxsB.jpg

Took a polaris razor with mattracks to pull me out of the rut I made for my self. Not a bad day.

Skitter302

Staff member
Reaction score
My Red '91 got a new heater core today.

rccbgM6.jpg

Also changed out my 180°F Stat for a Hi-flow 195°F stat. The 180° thermostat was just too cool for my 351. It was always in the 160 to 170 range. Even in the summer the Bco ran too cool. This resulted in some issues with my EEC jumping in and out closed loop. With the new 195° the throttle response is smooth.

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice! 

i"Well earlier this week I was warming up the Bronco for work. I kicked the heater on high, when all the sudden LOTS of smoke filled the cabin of the truck. It smelled like burning leaves and really scared the crap out of me. I turned the truck off and opened the doors to air it out (I was about two seconds from calling the fire department), luckily it just smoked some leaves and didn't catch fire. I logged on here and searched. In no time I was at Steve83's supermotors page looking at the culprit. This is old hat to alot of you veterans, but this is my third fsb and I never had this crap happen before. The problem is leaves and small twigs fall through the cowl vent and create a tender box in the hvac system. When the leaves build up on the resistor next to the blower motor, they can catch FIRE off the heat of the resistor. So here's a little how to that anyone can do:First remove your blower motor, you'll need a 5/16 socket to loosen the four screws, and it will easily pop out.Once the blower is out of the way, you'll be able to scoop/vacuum out all the debris. Reach your arm all the way down the inner fender to get all the crap out, just try to get your hand in every nook and cranny the leaves could've got into.fsb2.jpgThis is all the crap that came out of mine, more than I ever imagined was in there.
11doh.gif
 fsb1.jpgNext, use your 5/16 to remove the resistor (The red thing) so you can clean it real good

Re-install the resistor, and hook the two plugs back in. fsb2.jpgRe-install the blower motor and your done!

Since I bought thi,s the a/c and heat barely came out the vents, now it blows good and strong. 
twotu.gif
 "by STUPID

RR-Texas

Reaction score
I finished hanging the rear differential, (you should hang the sway bar before hand), that took a bit to get started.  Then thought I was gonna have to get my diesel hammer after the RS brake shoes.  The white stuff in the rear is some sort of toxic substance that grew under the cardboard and spare tire these last 2 years!  Had to pull the rear window motor to get the rear window down, its pretty tight may be binding after getting hit.   What surprised me was the right side tail light, it went right in once I got the tail gate down! 

Still need to get it inspected and then file for a salvage title! 

P.S. Life was easier in the days with the drive on lift, but that 6am completion time each morning was rough!

Richard

b17.jpg

b16.jpg

b15.jpg

b13.jpg

b67.jpg

b567.jpg

gallery_19362_1217_128019.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts