Turns over, won't start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B-Co Kid

B-Co Kid

Reaction score
***UPDATE***

so i didnt change the coil as previously stated. I drove the truck around the day after, and the same problem occurred. it was fine when starting cold, or somewhat warm. but when ran for about 15 minutes, that is when the problem occurred. TURNS OVER, WON'T START!! so the problem seemed to only occur when the truck was warm, or hot. i bought some heat resistant tape from...dun dunna dunn..Autozone :-& #036; I wrapped the metal fuel line, rubber hose, and fuel filter, from the fuel pump to the carb..as well as the metal line and fuel hose coming from the tank to the fuel pump with the tape. I drove around for about 20 minutes. turned the engine off. waited a few seconds, and the b-co cranked back up!! i will try again tomorrow to be certain, but i am sure it was either vapor lock, or percolation at the carb. thanks miesk, thanks ron, thanks krafty, and everyone else for their input. B-Co Kid out!!

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gryph