Steering box fix

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jgentry162

Reaction score
Does anyone have the steering box fix for a 96 Bronco. I read were someone had it but they can't find the disk. If anyone has it can you mail it to me at [email protected] with the topic being steering box adjutment. Thanks Mine is real loose

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Does anyone have the steering box fix for a 96 Bronco. I read were someone had it but they can't find the disk. If anyone has it can you mail it to me at [email protected] with the topic being steering box adjutment. Thanks Mine is real loose
yo!

Pre-load Adjustment, All Bronco & Ford, mid-70s to 00

Source: by Steve83

"This applies to all Ford truck (& many car) steering gear boxes used from the mid '70s to the '00s.

1. Disconnect the pitman arm from the sector shaft using a Pitman Arm Puller (Tool T64P-3590-F).

2. Disconnect the fluid return line at the reservoir and cap the reservoir return line ****** to retain the fluid in the reservoir.

3. Place the end of the return line in a suitable container and turn the steering wheel from stop-to-stop several times to discharge the fluid from the gear. Discard the fluid.

4. Turn the steering wheel to the right stop, then back left 45 degrees.

5. Attach an inch-pound torque wrench to the steering wheel nut and determine the torque required to rotate the shaft slowly approximately one-eighth turn (45

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23