Got new Steering Gear & Shaft installed!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Good News!! Installed my new Redhead steering gear box and the Borgeson shaft!

It looks great and has zero slop!!😎

Bad news?? I haven't been able to drive it yet because the return hose from the power steering pump (with cooler line) needed replacing as well and hasn't been shipped to my parts store yet.

Can't wait to get it on the road!

Attachments

• IMG_20230406_120642981_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230406_120642981_HDR.jpg
    256 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20230406_120618728.jpg
    IMG_20230406_120618728.jpg
    759.7 KB · Views: 8
OP
OP
91BroncoPickup
Reaction score
I already salvaged a nice saginaw set up from a 1996 van. slowly assembling the parts for the same upgrade. Glad everything went on smoothly. I'm not looking forward to pulling that pit man arm off ..... might just get a new one.
It's a beast!! But the specialized pitman arm removal tool is definitely worth the investment!

OP
OP
91BroncoPickup
Reaction score
Return power steering line finally arrived! Installing this afternoon (planning to anyway), and will finally get to test drive the steering "suite."

I hope it will be "sweet" as well!

OP
OP
91BroncoPickup
Reaction score
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I cannot stress this enough... If you miss tight steering and smooth responses, get these two mods!!

No, I do not work for either of them, nor do I work for a supplier or retailer of any sort... But you gotta trust me, the Redhead steering gear box and the Borgeson steering shaft are the best money I've ever put into a used vehicle, hands down!!

I don't have enough words to express how satisfied I am!! Oh, my word!! I took 2 test drives this evening and I cannot get over how much my 1991 model steers like it's a 2023 model!!!

Absolutely magnificent!!

Tiha

Staff member
Reaction score
That is great news.

Yeah steering is one of those things where you just wake up one day and realize how crappy it has gotten.

No juice

Reaction score
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I cannot stress this enough... If you miss tight steering and smooth responses, get these two mods!!

No, I do not work for either of them, nor do I work for a supplier or retailer of any sort... But you gotta trust me, the Redhead steering gear box and the Borgeson steering shaft are the best money I've ever put into a used vehicle, hands down!!

I don't have enough words to express how satisfied I am!! Oh, my word!! I took 2 test drives this evening and I cannot get over how much my 1991 model steers like it's a 2023 model!!!

Absolutely magnificent!!
Where did you purchase these items?

sinker4

Reaction score
I just finished doing the same thing to my 95 EB and it makes a world of difference. The steering is nice and tight

SopwithCamel

Reaction score
Ladies and Gentlemen,

Absolutely magnificent!!
Gotta back you up on that, installed the Red Hat and Borgeson 2years ago now my Bronc is a dream to drive, nice and tight.

tu3712

Reaction score
Good News!! Installed my new Redhead steering gear box and the Borgeson shaft!

It looks great and has zero slop!!😎

Bad news?? I haven't been able to drive it yet because the return hose from the power steering pump (with cooler line) needed replacing as well and hasn't been shipped to my parts store yet.

Can't wait to get it on the road!
Can you confirm the part number on the Borgeson? They told me they cannot confirm the 981 will work and the spline count is different than the count redhead shows for the box on their site.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke