something leaking out of my warn manual locking hub on drivers side

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Devil Dog08

Reaction score
ok here we go . the past week or so i been noticeing an oiley substance leakeng out of the warn locking mechinism where it meets the hub. i tried tightening the allen screws that hold the warn hub in place but they were all tight. .the back of the wheel is dry . it is definitly coming from where the warn hub meets the trucks hub( i gyess thats what you call it) any ideas will be of great help...thanks

Bully Bob

TOP GUN
Reaction score
Not really serious. Some brands/types of grease will seperate over time, meaning the oily base, which is thin, will seep past a good but slightly worn seal.

The hubs should be cleaned & re-packed ev. 1-3 yrs., depending on the kind of use. (deep water, probably the next day)

Just new grease will likely stop the seepage but best to insp. the seal/gaskets for cracks, etc.

They're pretty easy to service.., just need to be clean & parts put back in, in the same order, & some parts facing the same (correct) way.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23