Just bought this 1986 Bronco 5.0l with manual trans, UPDATE - Couple more questions, Help!

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Get back and look at both sides. Get closer and look at each side. Push on one side--then the other.
Sma--your doing real good. Trying and not afraid to get your hands dirty. Your learning quickly and getting the hang of it. I have confidence in you.

Smafugula

Reaction score
Guys - I know it has been months but wanted to update yall. And also ask some more questions lol (should I make a new thread?)

1986 Bronco 5.0l EFI

So the backfiring has been fixed, for now, hopefully. It turned out to be the ignition throttle switch that caused a full rich scenario in the motor, which in turned caused a backfire issue on de-acceleration. Also EGR smog pulley system causing coughing while idle.

My next question for the Bronco geniuses on here is how to fix this Coolant temp sensor issue. I haven't dug too deep yet but figured I'd poke y'all with the symptoms and see what comes back.

Gauge was showing dead so I replaced sensor, it worked for maybe a day? Came back later and gauge was all the way dead again. Now I have a new sensor handy and have tried to follow the wires, do they go back to where the OBD1 reader hooks up? Anyways, any thoughts? Thanks!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dwheless