Tranny slips when cold....sometimes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hoghappy

Reaction score
I'm sure the answer to this is already in here somewhere...but I going to ask anyway. Sometimes my tranny acts like it's jumping out of gear. You can see the tach go up and hear the motor rev. Then it will pop back into gear. After awhile it quit acting up. It only seems to do it after it has not been driven for awhile...and it doesn't always do it.

Is it terminal or just a sensor?

Thanks

OP
OP
hoghappy

hoghappy

Reaction score
yo!Is the Transmission Control Indicator Lamp (TCIL) Flashing ?

Is there a Check Engine Light?

Check for Codes anyway; Self Test by BroncoJoe19

Report back with any Codes.

Remember to have engine @ Normal Operating Temperature before doing the KOER portion
No lights come on. I will have to wait till I get a new radiator in to check codes at operating temp. Cheap Ford (just like most of them out there now) plastic radiator cracked. I'm replacing with a all metal one hopefully this weekend if it's warm enough outside. It only does this sometimes and then when it does it, doesn't matter what gear it's in. It can do it in 1st or at speed in OD. It just jumps into a neutral spot. But when it catches the gear...it can be a little hard if I am on the throttle. Sometimes it will jump in and out several times before it settles down....then it won't do it for the rest of the day.

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lana Kane