Sliders 78/79

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Regina

Reaction score
Hi there what is the going price for a set of rear sliding windows for a 78 /79 bronco.. If can find them...thanks

Last edited:

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Hi there what is the going price for a set of rear sliding windows for a 78 /79 bronco.. If can find them...thanks
I know where their is a set ,but I won,t know what he is asking for at least a week. Ebay has robbers. If I had a set. I,d look at the cost to shim. Then figure a price first. I,ll check back and let you know.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
I called my friend up yesterday and he said he would have to look at them and then get back to me. He,s a older gentleman and runs a junk yard without any help. I,m gonna try and make it over to see him in a couple of weeks. Hoping to get my bronco straightened out .So I can start driving it and get some bugs worked out of it.

Tiha

Staff member
Reaction score
Ditto on the junkyards.
Back when there were more of these in the junk yard it was $50 a pair, pull yourself.

Sliders with a wing window.

Maybe watch marketplace or craigslist for a partout.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
My bronco Ranger XLT has them and the bronco Custom does not. I haven,t opened them on the Ranger when I had it on the road,but when I put the back window down in the tailgate. It made things inside alot cooler. I don,t know how opening the slider or rear side wing window could make it much cooler. Only a breeze from the wing window. I did call the guy and he said he didn,t know what they sold for,but would find out and get back to me. Again I am planning on going over their hopefully next week.

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo,
For a YARD SEARCH on-line, I use;
Hollander Quality Replacement Parts | Find Used Auto Parts | Online Locator
A yard that uses Hollander Interchange can search other yards and have it shipped including some Canadian yards.
"...For over eighty years, Hollander has been making the best tool for fast, interchangeable part matches. The new Edition Hollander Interchange contains more interchangeable options than ever before.
The Hollander Interchange provides auto recyclers and auto collectors, rebuilders, and others with the easiest and most comprehensive solution for identifying interchangeable auto parts..." See their yard Directory @ Seller Directory | Used Auto Parts | Hollanderparts
Can select a certain part.

Search for: 1978 >Ford > Bronco > Glass And Mirrors > Quarter Glass > Fitment​

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210609-074753_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210609-074753_Chrome.jpg
    356.9 KB · Views: 11

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Any updates on these ?
I haven,t heard back from the guy that has them and haven,t gotten the chance to make it over their yet. I,ll try and get in touch with him again today. I don,t think he mails anything. He,s a older gentleman that runs a junkyard buy himself and doesn,nt have any help/

johnnyreb

Reaction score
I haven,t heard back from the guy that has them and haven,t gotten the chance to make it over their yet. I,ll try and get in touch with him again today. I don,t think he mails anything. He,s a older gentleman that runs a junkyard buy himself and doesn,nt have any help/
I called him this morning,but never got a reply. Probably have to go over their and see him. I,ll find out and let you know. It might be a week or two.

Dukkie

Reaction score
Yo,
For a YARD SEARCH on-line, I use;
Hollander Quality Replacement Parts | Find Used Auto Parts | Online Locator
A yard that uses Hollander Interchange can search other yards and have it shipped including some Canadian yards.
"...For over eighty years, Hollander has been making the best tool for fast, interchangeable part matches. The new Edition Hollander Interchange contains more interchangeable options than ever before.
The Hollander Interchange provides auto recyclers and auto collectors, rebuilders, and others with the easiest and most comprehensive solution for identifying interchangeable auto parts..." See their yard Directory @ Seller Directory | Used Auto Parts | Hollanderparts
Can select a certain part.

Search for: 1978 >Ford > Bronco > Glass And Mirrors > Quarter Glass > Fitment​

Unsure if I'm to read this a legitimate response or an advertisement ?

johnnyreb

Reaction score
If you get them, let me know what it takes to get them to TX 78108
Well I think Regina had asked first and I,ll know more when I go see him--in a week or two. I have some parts I have to return to the town near the yard.

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Unsure if I'm to read this a legitimate response or an advertisement ?
Yo D,
No advertisement, just me helping.

One source found for the 78 or 79 sliders.
Call for price, condition, movement, and ask for pics.
Screenshot_20210610-082458_Chrome.jpg
screenshot_20210610-082340_chrome-jpg.22484

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210610-082340_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210610-082340_Chrome.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 70

johnnyreb

Reaction score
I just called Hearald again and left a message . For him to let me know about the sliders. I don,t know if his wife is giving him the messages or not. As soon as I find out something. I,ll let you know.Today date is 6-15--2021

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Regina, I finally made it over to the junk yard today . I was postive it had sliding windows and today I went and looked at it and it DID NOT have them. Sorry,but I will keep my eyes open and ears to try and locate then. Again,I appologize.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Hope you get what you want.
I finally got a chance to go over to the junk yard and the 78 Bronco DID NOT have the sliding windows. I was postive it did. He has a bunch of little Ford trucks and some small bronco,s. I jumped a small fawn deer. It sounded like a grouse taking off. I told the owner and he said it stayed in that area and asked if I seen the mommy deer and I told him no.He said she stays close but. The weeds were high.My friend got a load of ticks on him. I told him he was a TICK MAGNET and I was a CHICK MAGNET. HAHAHA.

Dukkie

Reaction score
Thursday I came across this top at a yard 1.5hr by me. It was in the Chevy section sitting up on the roof of a square body crew cab.

Attachments

• 20210617_122623.jpg
    20210617_122623.jpg
    530.4 KB · Views: 6
  • 20210617_122706.jpg
    20210617_122706.jpg
    431.4 KB · Views: 8

chrlsful

Reaction score
"Parts Wanted"

also any of the typical Bronk aftr mrkt vendors (several doz). They have ur Cactus Smasher (a '70s/80s aftr mrkt 'bolt-on" by K bar S) too. Not sure on window price - 400$ ona EB (1st gen, 66/77) brand new from the vendors.
We did not have them OEM. Only the '79 has them to my knowledge, not '78...some R neat (rare) as they have a vent or "wing" window in SOME of them too~

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke