Sliders 78/79

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dukkie

Reaction score
Should be factory. They are takeoffs the guy parted broncos over 20 years ago. He had 3 sets in the ad. Sets 1 and 2 he sold this week
I'm not gonna get them. Anyone else wanna talk to the guy ?

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Should be factory. They are takeoffs the guy parted broncos over 20 years ago. He had 3 sets in the ad. Sets 1 and 2 he sold this week
I was wondering .When is anyone gonna make like a suburban (do away with the back side windows) on one of these bronco,s? I,ll be it would look good.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
I'm not gonna get them. Anyone else wanna talk to the guy ?

Well Dukkie I ,ll keep my eyes out. I guess Regina got her some or forgot about them. I haven,nt seen her on hear in awhile. I,ll keep a look out for some and let you know. I think I paid around $200 just for the rubber around them a few years back. Off of Jeff,s Bronco.

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Well Dukkie I ,ll keep my eyes out. I guess Regina got her some or forgot about them. I haven,nt seen her on hear in awhile. I,ll keep a look out for some and let you know. I think I paid around $200 just for the rubber around them a few years back. Off of Jeff,s Bronco.
Yo Johnny,
Regina last logged in here 4 May.
But could be lurking.

chrlsful

Reaction score
"Regina last logged in here 4 May."
we can still have fun w/o her...

measure everything (do not send to him) ask him his measurements - C if his fit the bill (everything)

Dukkie

Reaction score
I hadn't realized Regina started this and never returned..

I like Johnny idea of getting a front door wing (plentiful from so many trucks) and hacking one or two up to create a repair the toppers side wing vent windows. I have never compared the two if they are similar design or dimensions.

Also I do not understand what chrisful said in #46. So I just assume it was probably helpful.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
I hadn't realized Regina started this and never returned..

I like Johnny idea of getting a front door wing (plentiful from so many trucks) and hacking one or two up to create a repair the toppers side wing vent windows. I have never compared the two if they are similar design or dimensions.

Also I do not understand what chrisful said in #46. So I just assume it was probably helpful.
Also Dukkie I thought of something else. Awhile back I looked for front long sway bar lenght parts. Mine was broke. I was telling my cousin,s --son about it and he told me to get some stainless steel bolts the same diameter and length and he,d weld them. Which he did and I don,t have to worry about the rusing into . Now I was thinking.Why not do the wing windows in the cap top. Take the old rusted one out and replace it with stainless steel bolts and forget about them rusting out again.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Also Dukkie I thought of something else. Awhile back I looked for front long sway bar lenght parts. Mine was broke. I was telling my cousin,s --son about it and he told me to get some stainless steel bolts the same diameter and length and he,d weld them. Which he did and I don,t have to worry about the rusing into . Now I was thinking.Why not do the wing windows in the cap top. Take the old rusted one out and replace it with stainless steel bolts and forget about them rusting out again.
If you do any grinding or welding on the stainless bolts MAKE SURE to have a fan blowing away from you or wear a mask. Its bad for you.

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Mike--you,ve owned both--78 and 96 Bronco,s. Which was your favorite and why? I have tried and looked on this sight to pose it and can,nt find any.Thanks
Yo Johnny
Our Favorite is the 96 which we purchased new. Engine, E4OD, 1356 manuals, 8.8, exhaust, have never R been pulled for repairs.

A/C still blows cold!. Ever recharged.

ONLY Failures are:
4WABS module that I jumpered.
Muffler clamp
Fuel tank had rusted on top
Steering gear box wouldn't adhere to the program
We strict,y adhere to Ford's severe duty schedule

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Yo Johnny
Our Favorite is the 96 which we purchased new. Engine, E4OD, 1356 manuals, 8.8, exhaust, have never R been pulled for repairs.

A/C still blows cold!. Ever recharged.

ONLY Failures are:
4WABS module that I jumpered.
Muffler clamp
Fuel tank had rusted on top
Steering gear box wouldn't adhere to the program
We strict,y adhere to Ford's severe duty schedule
Thanks mike. The first 78 I bought. Needed brake work. I went ahead and rebuilt the front end. Never had any trouble with it and go anywhere in 2 wheel drive. Still have it. Gonna rebuidl the motr--hopefully soon. Almost have the other one ready to drive.Waiting for some sockets,bulbs and a horl button. I firure why wait 2 or 3 days at the parts store and pay the $3 or $4 dollars for bulb ,.When I could buy them alot less and wait the same amount of time from Rock Auto.Suppose to get the parts about Wednesday. I,m tired of getting ripped off at the parts stores.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke