Rear Springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fbrown3

Reaction score
Its me again Got a prob.,I didn't pay much attention at first but the rear of my 89 BII V6 is sitting a little low(about 2"). I don't know if the front springs have been replaced or not. Is this a common prob. with the BII's. I checked the springs and found no broken leafs. The springs look like they are almost flat. Help me if you can.

billybroncojr

Reaction score
Extremely common problem. I think all of them do it! JCWhitney sells replacements for under $200. If you are thinking of changing them, upgrade to Exploder leafs, they have a higher load rating so there shouldn't be any sag in the future. You may also check around about having them re-arched, the problem is it's almost as cheap to buy replacements.

Hope this helps!

Jeff

OP
OP
F

fbrown3

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I don't think re-arching is a choice, I have noticed that the second leaf of the spring is cutting into the first spring. The plastic/ rubber between them is no longer. This is now where the spring is starting to de-arc also(scary thought of what might be next). Can any one suggest what brand of bushings to use when I replace the springs?

OP
OP
F

fbrown3

Reaction score
I was told that ranger springs won't work, I'm not sure.will they be too light or what. Is there a diff. in the width? If I have to add helpers thats not a prob. just want to make sure I am not wasting money for no reason if you know what I mean!!

Blue_coyote

rope smokin' Redneckologist
Reaction score
The Ranger springs will bolt in without any mods whatsoever. You may want to mix&match a few of the intermediate leafs from your old pack to adjust the ride and height, but that would be cosmetic. I ran 96 Ranger leafs in my 84 BII for a while at stock height, then rednecked up a 5" lift using leafs from a few packs I had laying around B)

G

Thanks a lot thats what I needed to hear! seen plenty of old rangers around. does it need to be same year or just length?

G

I found a set of leaf springs from a mid size ford truck will these work? I measured then and the only difference was about an inch from the center of the axle to the front bolt on the leaf spring. I know that it will sit higher due to the spring rating wich should cancel out the inch difference in length.I'm thinking(I know big trouble) since I always am carrying so much gear in the rear and pulling trailers that the lift I get should be ok or will it be way too stiff? Has anyone has done this before and will this work. Want to put a lift kit in any way and thought this would be a good start. I have almost 4 inches clearance from the front of the tire to the fender as it sits right now.

timster24

Reaction score
I have swapped them out with gen 1 explorer springs, they are stiffer than ranger, so you get a bit stiffer ride, and basically bolts right in. Just remeber to switch the bolt in the center around to make the axle mount the same. works great.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J’s Bronco