New Projects

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bebop Man

Reaction score
My father is in the process of shutting down his shop, so while I still have access to a nice garage and welder I'm getting some work done.

Currently, I'm designing custom front and rear bumpers. I don't have winch yet, but it looks like nearly all of them use a 10x4.5" mounting bolt pattern, and have around a 21x8" dimension. I'll be using a 24x10" mounting plate, so that should be plenty of room. What I'm looking for are dimensions for both a roller and hawser style fairlead. I'm not sure which one I'll be using yet, so I want to allow space for either one.

The basic design centers around 8" C-channel with a braced plate in the center, bolted to the frame horns by 8x10x3/8 flat bar. 2" square tube will make up the light bar / grill guard. The rear bumper will start the same way, but have mountings for a tire and gas / water cans. I think I'll be able to get in both a rear winch and 2" receiver.

I'm using a CAD program to draw this all up. After I get it finished, the file will be free for the asking.

Pictures from last weeks project, rear storage, are forthcoming.

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
yo BB,

Sounds great!

I'll add it to my site when done.

I have some custom bumper LINKs in my site @ http://www.broncolinks.com/index.php?index=329;

such as

Front Fabrication & Installation, Winch in an 81

Source: by Ken S at http://kenshack.net/winch_bumper.htm

IMG_1137_small.jpg

GL!

OP
OP
B

Bebop Man

Reaction score
I saw Ken's page, I'm using his setup for brackets. I was just going to follow his design, but I ended up getting a really good price for some C-channel.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tsebalj