Members Rigs photos and stats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L\Bronco

Reaction score
Looking at the set up in your instrument panel Do you remember the way Edsel had their. Where it rotated and the gear selector was in the steering wheel. My neighbor has one.t was a greenish----blueish color and white. It was a reallu good looking color combination.
Yes I do, we had a 59 Edsel Ranger for a while a few years back, we found her rotting in a barn, I did the brakes and carb and gave it a tune up. It ran great! Very cool car, but the push button shift kept messing up. Sold it to a guy who is restoring her now.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Looking at the set up in your instrument panel Do you remember the way Edsel had their. Where it rotated and the gear selector was in the steering wheel. My neighbor has one.t was a greenish----blueish color and white. It was a reallu good looking color combination.
I looked the color up--its turquoise
View attachment 29604
This is my parts truck, but, it might get fixed after frankenbronco is done. (I cant stand to see a gen2 go for parts (its a 79 as well)
I also have an 85 (sorry no picts) its 2 tone grey with a 351W H.O. Auto, the engine is seized (I bought it for the chassis before I decided to shorten the 2015 f150 chassis)
I have a spare engine for it…so this may never end!
I see you also have the side sliding window and wing window. M

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Yes I do, we had a 59 Edsel Ranger for a while a few years back, we found her rotting in a barn, I did the brakes and carb and gave it a tune up. It ran great! Very cool car, but the push button shift kept messing up. Sold it to a guy who is restoring her now.
I know where their was one about 7 miles from me. I think their was 2 and one was a station wagon. The last time I saw them.They were rusting down a good bit.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
They had some big engines in them and a good bit of power.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
I looked the color up--its turquoise

I see you also have the side sliding window and wing window. M
My Custom has them. I keep my joints oiled all the time in it. I bought the rubber for mine a good while back. Now they say its hard to find. They also say these sliding window are getting scarce. Their is a couple of member on hear looking for them. One guy lives in Texas.

L\Bronco

Reaction score
My Custom has them. I keep my joints oiled all the time in it. I bought the rubber for mine a good while back. Now they say its hard to find. They also say these sliding window are getting scarce. Their is a couple of member on hear looking for them. One guy lives in Texas.
My parts truck has the sliders in the cap, one pane is broken and the weatherstrips are bad. Its pretty cool though, first one Ive seen

johnnyreb

Reaction score
I,m the kind of person.Who looks at something and finds use out of it. I,m getting ready to junk out 3 desk top computers and was think .They would make nice parts. To set a radio,,cb or gauges in. They re a good length and width.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
I,m looking for the full one--not the cut off one.
Also I just remeber. Some parts made in the U.S. and Canada are NOT the same. I remeber a few years back. My uncle had a Mercury Monteray. The guy up town had one--same year and model,but it wasn,t as big as my uncle,s car and his car was made in Canada. My uncle,s was made in the U.S. So if you go to buy any fenders or body parts from HEAR--you might want to measure them what you have -and have the saler hear do the same.Before you buy.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Wow, those are really small mirrors. What were they originally installed on?
They were from the 60,s.. Don,t remember the make . They were parts I had saved of time. The inside mirror . I got on ebay.froma company from California and suppose to be copy of a 1953 MG.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
When I looked at the top of the cap one day. The fiberglass was showing. I put some resin on it. Let it dry and took a hand held wire brush and cleaned it good. The use Rust-Oleum pain. After about 10 years . Its still holding up good.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Just pressure washed it and scrubbed the really dirty spots. Nothing special.
I used a hand held wire brush and it didn,t take long--------AFTER I resined the bare fiberglass and let it dry good. Which didn,t take too long out in the sun. Its been holding up good for about 10 years. I also painted it with RUST-OLEUM PAINT. If they use it on lawn furniture and holds up--its gotta be good. haha

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Check this console out. Haha, it makes use of a wide open space.
I ran red and black feeders from the auxiliary battery to + and - buss bars that are mounted behind the switch panel face plate to make switch wiring easier.
There are shut off switches under the hood, but I run front/rear off road lighting, winch, electric fuel pump and an auxiliary battery system volt meter off that switch plate. Works great.
Ugh-oh Zeus-you forgot the cooler to keep your drinks cold,or is that in the back?