Members Rigs photos and stats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Well is a picture of one of mine. Its a 78 model. Has a 390 and 4 speed. and quad trac. It throws up alot of snow buy all 4 wheels at the same time--in deep snow. Hope to take it out real soon. The other bronco is tore down and has the motor(4000 out of it right now. I,ll try and find more pic. I done away with the big mirroes and put small ones on it. Including inside, I put it on the dash.

OP
OP
Zeus78

Zeus78

Reaction score
Don't see too many 390's in our world. Is that an engine you already had, or is it what you sought out for the 78?

OP
OP
Zeus78

Zeus78

Reaction score
Well is a picture of one of mine. Its a 78 model. Has a 390 and 4 speed. and quad trac. It throws up alot of snow buy all 4 wheels at the same time--in deep snow. Hope to take it out real soon. The other bronco is tore down and has the motor(4000 out of it right now. I,ll try and find more pic. I done away with the big mirroes and put small ones on it. Including inside, I put it on the dash.
Wow, those are really small mirrors. What were they originally installed on?

johnnyreb

Reaction score
these pictures of mine--the red and white 78 and painted 390 motor is under our Canadian friends saying--sorry about that.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Don't see too many 390's in our world. Is that an engine you already had, or is it what you sought out for the 78?
No I never had it at the time I bought the bronco. I bought the bronco. For the fender and bumper---it did have a bad rod bearing.---long story about that--after I had it towed to a friends garage.(big snow) My friend said I could work on it their. He said his mom said she wasn,t useing it. After I tore the motor down. Then he wanted to know when I could get it back together. ****** me off. So I told him tomorrow morning. When I checked the bearing(s) For his brother-in-law to NOT BOTHER IT. I went home and early next morning I got a call from my friend. He said his brother-in-law went ahead and put everything back together and when it runs awhile. It starts pecking. Made me mad after I told them NOT TO BOTHER IT. So I told my friend to come and get me. We got their and I started it up. I asked him where was his brother in law? He said he had something to do. I told him when he came over. I was gonna gie him something. Anyways it started pecking and I asked my frien to open the door. I was taking it home (drive it 10 miles) and when it got warm weather. I,d find a good motor--a 390 and put it in. I didn,t care much for the 351. That spring I found one buy accident in a scrap yard . In the truck. A 74 model. Scrap yards are good places to find complete motors or vehicles and alot less money then a regular junk yard. I traded some scrap metal for the motor,but I have about 6 of them. ,plus alot of 390 parts too.

Bricknose

Reaction score
Figured it would be great for this site to have a thread specifically for everyone's Bronco's and the details of each rig.

Here's mine:
1978 Custom
460 CI .030 E-brock 750
Manual and electric F-pumps
Dual batteries with isolator
Saginaw steering pump
Chromolly front shafts
4.10 gears + lockrite in fron D44
4.11 gears + spool in rear 9"
4" superlift with trimmed fenders
37" Coopers on 17" pro comp wheels
Custom center console
12,000lb Badlands winch
Custom square tube bumpers

@miesk5 , can you make this a stickie?
Good looking color combinations

OP
OP
Zeus78

Zeus78

Reaction score
Good looking color combinations
Thanks, I was never a fan of the black out wheel look, but once I painted the cap black (it's actually herculiner), I had to go with the black wheels. Glad I did.

The paint is single stage Eastwood sub zero blue pearl and I am in love with it. In the sun, the paint really pops and now that I put those 37" tires on, I can't take my eyes off it. I pulled it up next to the house where I can see ot from my living room chair.

If it wasn't for the wife, I'd have it on a turntable out in the front yard with spot lights on it. Haha.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
For sure, Ive had a few over the years, 79 is my favorite, although 96 is a close second.
Not as rugged, but more creature comforts!

Thanks, I was never a fan of the black out wheel look, but once I painted the cap black (it's actually herculiner), I had to go with the black wheels. Glad I did.

The paint is single stage Eastwood sub zero blue pearl and I am in love with it. In the sun, the paint really pops and now that I put those 37" tires on, I can't take my eyes off it. I pulled it up next to the house where I can see ot from my living room chair.

If it wasn't for the wife, I'd have it on a turntable out in the front yard with spot lights on it. Haha.
I think you should change your mind. Have the turn table put in the front room and sale ticket to the match. It,d be a sale out. A match between your wife and you. hahaha

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Hears my other 78. I,m planning on starting on it as soon asthe weather warms up. I bought it in about 88 for $400 . Had bad brakes. Bringing it home. They went out. From a dead stop .I put the transfer in Low and the transmission(auto) in low. As I started down the hill. I knew I couldn,t make the curve at the bottom. So I cut down through the church yard and got it stopped. It has the 400 motor.Which I am getting ready to rebuild in the shed. This summer--I,M GETTING A BIG FAN AND GET SOME WORK DONE. Been through some big snows in this bronco. Back in Greenbrier County. I have about 4 sets of these wheels

Attachments

• 3--29--2022--78 bronco.jpg
    3--29--2022--78 bronco.jpg
    264.7 KB · Views: 8

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Her nickname is "THE BULLDOG" for a very good reason.
My neighbor had one of those little English bulldogs. When I ,d go huntin and walk buy his fence. The little dog would awlays come and walk along the fence with me. Real friendly. Then I noticed he quit. I asked my neighbor what happened to his little dog. He said his wife,s sister came up and forgot to close the gate and he got ran over. Really made me mad. I told him I,d run her off. and it makes me mad. She was a old bag and probably done it on purpose. Because the dog WAS pretteir then her. She,d have to sneak out before the sun came out and have her back to the east--if she didn,t .The sun wouldn,t come out. She was fugly--like my neighbor.

L\Bronco

Reaction score

I love that blue! I did my first 79 in a blue a bit like that (no pearl, but still nice, I did the cap dark charcoal and the wheels the same, It was awesome! That must look fantastic in the sun!

L\Bronco

Reaction score

How did you prep the cap for the herculiner? I'll eventually have to re coat mine, last time I painted it but it was a ton of work and I didn't like the smooth shiny look on the fiberglass.

OP
OP
Zeus78

Zeus78

Reaction score
sounds easy enough, thanks, I guess that stuff is made to bond to nearly anything.
Your combination looks awesome! Just the right blend of rugged and gorgeous!
Yeah, that herculiner isn't coming off. I have it on the bumpers I made and the floor inside the bronco.

Also, I built a custom center console inside. It is awesome. Has a switch plate and cupholders built in. Haha, I need to post pictures of it.