Did Dodge actually build these?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Roadkill

Reaction score
While surfing around at one of the sites I like to check out, ( http://www.partsamerica.com/TruckAccessories.aspx ) I came across this photo:

truck_access_main.jpg

Has anyone every seen something like this on the road? I have not. If this truck was never built, I wonder why they (Advance Auto/Checker/Kragen) would use it as part of there add? I owned a Ram 1500 before my Bronco and something like this would have been very appealing to me. (Don't worry guys, there is no way I would ever trade my Bronco now) I'm just curious about that vehicle now that I've seen it.

OP
OP
R

Roadkill

Reaction score
Looks like a quad cab with a cab.
That's what I thought at first glance. But, if you look closely, you see that the luggage rack goes all the way up to just behind the front doors. That would be the first time I've seen someone build a roof rack that way.

Mike @ Tracy

Reaction score
Carefull guys I hear this is what durango's grow up to be. :-& #036; Never seen one but it does look interesting, Never heard of a 4 door Bronco either but a friend swears up and down his dad has one. :mellow:

OP
OP
R

Roadkill

Reaction score
Carefull guys I hear this is what durango's grow up to be. :-& #036; Never seen one but it does look interesting, Never heard of a 4 door Bronco either but a friend swears up and down his dad has one. :mellow:
Your friend's dad probably has a Centurion. They were built by an after market company by combining a Bronco and an F250 or F350 on the trucks frame. Here is a nother link with pictures.

Maybe the truck in the picture is something like that, but i don't know where the back half would have come from.

Yardape

Reaction score
Well the back half sure resembles a suburban, around the windows anyway. Aside from the wheel well bubbles I would say that was suberban mixed with dodge pickup. I e-mailed that site to see what it is.

wtfdissux

Reaction score
there was actually 2 different four door broncos the centurion and magnum were both conversions tho the centurion was much better in that it was a f-250 with the back of a bronco grafted on and the magnum was a f-150 crew frame with a bronco body cut in half an a "crew" insert was welded in and was not as strong as the centurion my cousin has both and have contemplated many ways but he wont part with either as I now need more seats and really dont want to go back to a mini van

also I have asked the guy at the local advance auto and he has no idea and has wondered the same on what is behind the horns in tha picture God I hope its not a tricked out Nitro those things are like a jeep liberty with some extra plastic peices taped on to look tougher and the interior is to damn boxy

Mike @ Tracy

Reaction score
Ok so after drooling over the "centurion" 4 Door Bronco ( then having to have a smoke ) am I right in understanding that unless the good graces give you one they cant be had anymore???? That has to be the sweetest 4dr ANYTHING I have ever seen! :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Seabronc

Reaction score
He probably does, it is called a Centurian, an aftermarket conversion.

:)>-

broncobob58

Reaction score
I've seen two centurians floating around in the area, the only two I've ever seen first hand.Occasionally I come across them somewhere like the classifieds or ebay.They are rare.I also remember the big deal when dodge changed their full size trucks for 94 and wondered what happened to the ramcharger, I was waiting for it to come back but instead a few years later they came out with the smaller dakota based durango.That would of been cool if they came out with something like the one in the picture.

OP
OP
R

Roadkill

Reaction score
Ok so after drooling over the "centurion" 4 Door Bronco ( then having to have a smoke ) am I right in understanding that unless the good graces give you one they cant be had anymore???? That has to be the sweetest 4dr ANYTHING I have ever seen! :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
If you happen to have a Bronco, and F250 and a boatload of cash $-) , I'm sure you can still get one made by somebody.

OP
OP
R

Roadkill

Reaction score
That would of been cool if they came out with something like the one in the picture.
Even though Dodge has always run third behind Ford and Chevy, I think they would have had a good shot at the market if they had introduced a "Ram Charger" back in '94 with the newly re-stiled pickups. That retro front end kicked up a lot of dust when it first came out, that would have been the perfect oportunity to take a shot at the Blazer and Bronco lines. I think they missed a good oportunity.

Yardape

Reaction score
Centurion on ebay for sale. In rough shape but if someone could resurrect this mammoth it would be worth a ton of cash

Centurion

79highrider

Reaction score
I don't know if its a Centurion or a custom made 4 door bronco but its a 79 and its in my favorite junkyard. I never new the Centurion existed, so I always thought it was custom made.

If you go to Yardape's ebay link above the following is there,

I recently purchased this 1989 Ford Centurion in New York City, and brought it home to Michigan. I have since decided to go another route, and build my own Bronco 4-door out of a 78-79 truck. For those of you who don't know, the Centurion was built in White Pidgeon Michigan by Centurion Motors and was made in a half ton and one ton version. This is the one ton, which started out as a F-350 Crew Cab 4x4 truck. The back was cut off by Centurion, and the rear portions of a same year Bronco were grafted on. The frame was also shortened to match. The purchase price new of this truck was $47,500

Again I think that 79 4 dr in the junkyard was a custom made, thats what I would do if i desired one of these monsters

About the dodge here, I think i looks like one **** of a full size that I would take over a surburban any day but would not take off roading, cut in half like what you guys said would be a 94 ramcharger and then it would be cool but still not a bronco

Last edited by a moderator:

Seabronc

Reaction score
While surfing around at one of the sites I like to check out, ( http://www.partsamerica.com/TruckAccessories.aspx ) I came across this photo:View attachment 4351

Has anyone every seen something like this on the road? I have not. If this truck was never built, I wonder why they (Advance Auto/Checker/Kragen) would use it as part of there add? I owned a Ram 1500 before my Bronco and something like this would have been very appealing to me. (Don't worry guys, there is no way I would ever trade my Bronco now) I'm just curious about that vehicle now that I've seen it.
Saw one today and it was red too :blink: It is the reincarnation of the Power Wagon, that's what it said on the side. It pulled right up next to me at a light.

:)>-

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23