Custom Bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bebop Man

Reaction score
Well, after sitting down and sketching out my ideas for new bumpers, I struck the motherlode. My dad and uncle both had piles of metal that they wanted to get rid of, so I scavenged out the pieces I wanted and set to work with the welder. Here are my results:

Photo0019.jpg

Photo0020.jpg

Photo0021.jpg

Photo0022.jpg

Photo0023.jpg

I still need to attach the winch plate, and I think I'll put down some diamond tread on the corners for a standing surface when I'm working on the engine.

Seabronc

Reaction score
Nice job, looks nice :D/

Good luck,

peace.gif

OP
OP
B

Bebop Man

Reaction score
Like where you got the jack, good job! :D/
Actually, that's just a temporary location. When I get the rear bumper built, I'll have a vertical mounting point behind the tire mount. But I think it looks pretty mean there on the front, too.

OP
OP
B

Bebop Man

Reaction score
Ok, it's all finished. Side plates, winch mount and supports are in place.

Close up of the diamond plate over the corners. Makes for a handy stand when I'm working on the engine.

Photo0024.jpg

The Winch plate and fairlead mount. I didn't drill any holes yet, I'll save that for when I get the winch.

Photo0025.jpg

Photo0027.jpg

And my next project, a roof rack. Still needs paint, rear light tabs, and roof mounts, but those will have to wait for another day.

The upper frame is 40x40, the lower is 45x40. It can support my weight (~200 lbs) so it should be plenty for camping gear.

Photo0029.jpg

Photo0030.jpg

Seabronc

Reaction score
Again, NICE :D/ That roof rack would be great powdercoated to protect it from rust. Send me a ton or so of that steel :lol:

Good luck,

peace.gif

OP
OP
B

Bebop Man

Reaction score
Again, NICE :D/ That roof rack would be great powdercoated to protect it from rust. Send me a ton or so of that steel :lol:

Good luck,

peace.gif
Thanks!

Like the bumper, it'll be sandblasted, primered, then rattle-canned with VHT Roll-Bar paint.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tsebalj