Custom Dash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pblakesley16

Reaction score
Hi All!

I am working on rebuilding a perfectly good dash in my 88. There was nothing wrong with the old one - just wanted to change it up a bit. Does anyone have experience with rebuilding the dash? I have the dash out of the truck and everything is disconnected and removed from the base dash. I am a little nervous about cutting and replacing with fiberglass. I am going to build one I saw on the Fearless Bronco

Tiha

Staff member
Reaction score
I have not done, but seen a lot of cool conversions.

Look at it this way, There are tons of these trucks around, if you don't like what you end up with, you can always find parts to make it OEM again.

After that, jump in and have some fun. Be cool to see what you come up with.

The lack of electronics in the 88 make it even more fun.

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score

L\Bronco

Reaction score
Hi All!

I am working on rebuilding a perfectly good dash in my 88. There was nothing wrong with the old one - just wanted to change it up a bit. Does anyone have experience with rebuilding the dash? I have the dash out of the truck and everything is disconnected and removed from the base dash. I am a little nervous about cutting and replacing with fiberglass. I am going to build one I saw on the Fearless Bronco
I did the one in my 79, (but no where near the level you are planning.)
Cheers

sport wheel.jpgdash wiring 2.jpgwiring8.jpg

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo Johnny,
LOL.
I'm doing a bit better, thanks!
Hope all is well for you and yours.
My name is Al
Someone began addressing me as Mike based on a guess of my screen name here. I let it ride. Insert smile...
Be well Johnny!
Al

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Yo Johnny,
LOL.
I'm doing a bit better, thanks!
Hope all is well for you and yours.
My name is Al
Someone began addressing me as Mike based on a guess of my screen name here. I let it ride. Insert smile...
Be well Johnny!
Al
Sorry about that Al. I started feel bad the end of June. Got really weak . Finally I listened to my niece and went to the doctor. They took a blood test and everything was bad. Looseing blood inside. Had to had surgery. Was home recuperateing-just started feeling a little better and seems since then its been a uphill battle-BUT FINALLY STARTED FEELING BETTER AND GETTING MY ENERGY BACK. Got to work on the bronco and FINALLY have it running alot better. Holley never had the new carb adjusted right. I knew everything else was right and told my friend it was the ONLY thing not checked out. Its running alot better now. Take care Al. I,ll keep you in my prayers if you don,t mind.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Has anyone heard about Ryan in Montana--how he is? He was fighting covid and NOTAVEG had to have surgery .From a car wreck. I called (Mike up and left a message,but haven,t heard anything yet--its been about 2 weeks now.

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you Johnny!
Great battle you won with the health issues!

Ryan and Notaveg; I haven't communicated with each. Will try.
Al

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Thank you Johnny!
Great battle you won with the health issues!

Ryan and Notaveg; I haven't communicated with each. Will try.
Al
I have to go back about every 3 months. In case it comes back. I was told it could between now and 5 years. I have a friend they got it in time also and he has to go back every so often. Plus I,m like you with the eyes at the VA. The next eye appointment is May 2nd. Good luck Al. I remember you and say a prayer for you each night too.

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
I have to go back about every 3 months. In case it comes back. I was told it could between now and 5 years. I have a friend they got it in time also and he has to go back every so often. Plus I,m like you with the eyes at the VA. The next eye appointment is May 2nd. Good luck Al. I remember you and say a prayer for you each night too.
Yo Johnny,
You and I and others here should take one day at a time and enjoy each minute!
Al

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ReturnToHangar