Bronco newbie

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CLPAN

Reaction score
I am in the process of doing a 6cy to V8 swap in my 67. I picked up a 351w that has the serpentine setup. I am going to change back to the v-belt style pulley because I did the F-100 steering conversion and I am going with the radiator that is notched out for it. My biggest question is I have a 4 bolt balancer and was told I need to switch to a 3 bolt. I'm not an engine guy, can anyone tell me the reasoning for this?

Yardape

Reaction score
Simply because the serpentine system uses a balancer pulley with 4 bolts. The v-belt set-up uses 3. You cant just put any balancer on there, you will have to shop around and get one for your specific swap. The new 351's are balanced differently than the old ones, so this is very important.

Yardape

Reaction score
Another thing, if you shop around you might be able to find a company that has conversion pullies, this is a popular swap so you would think one has been made somewhere out there.

OP
OP
CLPAN

CLPAN

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I checked with Wildhorses the other day and they have all the v-belt pulleys for the conversion.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ReturnToHangar