Wont start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluesman17

Spam Terminator
Reaction score
So today I go to start my truck and it ran rough but then stalled and i couldnt get it to start again. Smelled like it was flooded so i let it sit for about a half hour with no luck. Im getting spark and my dad sprayed starting fluid in the throttle body while i turned it over. We replaced the fuel pump friday and it ran fine friday and saturday. Any ideas on this one?

Last edited by a moderator:

Yardape

Reaction score
Why did you replace the pump? Was it totally gone? Did you flush the tank? Did you replace the filter? How did the "sock" filter at the end of the pick up tube look? Did it have crap on it? Does your pump prime when you turn on the key?

OP
OP
bluesman17

bluesman17

Spam Terminator
Reaction score
Pump was only putting out 20 PSI and was recommened to be replaced, The tank was pretty clean on the inside with maybe 6 gallons in it when we did it all, i replaced the filter about 6 months ago, the sock filter was orangish, and it does prime.

Yardape

Reaction score
I am sure you know what your doing and all but the first place I'd check is the fuel filter. Have you tested for spark? There are many people having trouble with the module in the dist. For some reason it is haunting all of our Bronco brothers, maybe you are the newest victim

OP
OP
bluesman17

bluesman17

Spam Terminator
Reaction score
We checked spark and it was getting it according to dad(i was in the truck) The thing that gets me is even when he was spraying starting fluid in it it was even affecting it. Im stumped and a little annoyed about it all.

Yardape

Reaction score
Take the coil wire off the dist, turn it over by jumping the solinoid. see for your self that there is spark. The you are not guessing. How do you know it was pump 20 psi? do you have a tester? Maybe your fuel pressure regulator is screwed

OP
OP
bluesman17

bluesman17

Spam Terminator
Reaction score
The shop told me and they are one of the few i trust, to be honest I trust my dad more than myself with the spark issue (i have a tendency to run into accidents) where is the fuel regulator at if its in the tank it will have to wait because i dont feel like dropping it again...

Yardape

Reaction score
I dont know how to test it to be honest, but I have read on here that it is troublesome as well

OP
OP
bluesman17

bluesman17

Spam Terminator
Reaction score
Im going to be taking it into the diagnostic shop agai,n to be completely honest im way too burned out to be trouble shooting it right now

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
yo,

yes the FPR's do have occ, probs;

as Fire asked, any Check Eng Light or DTC's?

also there is a TSB on FPR's;

Fuel Pressure Regulator (FPR) Delay TSB 93-22-14 by Ford for 90-93

ISSUE: A stall may occur in NEUTRAL or PARK on initial start-up, within 15 seconds, as the engine RPM is coming off fast idle. This occurs because of insufficient fuel pressure on the cold start. read more in the TSB

GL!

OP
OP
bluesman17

bluesman17

Spam Terminator
Reaction score
What are dtcs? I dont have a check engine light that always came on from my o2 sensor. I may just shotgun it with a regulator and fuel filter. Also my dad brought up the possibility of the inertia swtich?

Yardape

Reaction score
You said your fuel pump primes, that would say your enertia switch is fine.

OP
OP
bluesman17

bluesman17

Spam Terminator
Reaction score
The regulator it is along with filter to be sure. Does anyone know if i actually have to take off the intake manifold and fuel rail?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
david@holycitytransportat