wiper motor installation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BroncoJeff

fLoWmAsTeRs=RuMbLe
Reaction score
on my 88 i am replacing the wiper motor and in order to do so you have to take of the wiper arms. they connect near the base of the hood and in the haynes manual it says to pull the slide latch out (which i did) and then remove the wiper arm from the pivot shaft. how do i do this? as i pull on the wiper arm it only bends and i dont ant to break it off or break the pivot shaft. does anyone have any idea on how to remove these things? :wacko:

Thanks

J. Hartle

muladesigns1

Reaction score
place a rag on the body as not to damage the paint then take a blade screwdriver place it under the arm where it connects to the splined shaft then pry upwards. it should pop rite off. oh when you put them back on use a dab of never seize on the shaft and it will get stuck no more!

OP
OP
BroncoJeff

BroncoJeff

fLoWmAsTeRs=RuMbLe
Reaction score
place a rag on the body as not to damage the paint then take a blade screwdriver place it under the arm where it connects to the splined shaft then pry upwards. it should pop rite off. oh when you put them back on use a dab of never seize on the shaft and it will get stuck no more!
ok thanks ill give that a try

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23