Where does one place an engine block heater at?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Thank you all for the replies and amazing advice. Temps here have hit -22+ last couple weeks and truck did start just had to let her run for a while. However now I'm fairly sure I got a blown gasket this morning. From what I could see is that is towards the rear of the block. Unknown if it is cracked but I am now working on figuring all that out. Then prolly putting in that warmer coil. Happy new year!
Good luck and wish you the best it is not the block and hope its a freeze plug. If its a freeze plug. Maybe it has rusted a hole in it. Easier to change a freeze plug . Then a head gasket or motor anyday.

chrlsful

Reaction score
Crish, does the dipstick type heater work good?
"chrls"(ful) that's 2 "L"s and Chad is the actual name.

Sure it wrks. Any heat applyed long enuff wrks (over nite is fine) or of high enuff temp. But this is pretty low, can hold in hand w/o complaint. We just don't get low temps we usta (60s/'70s) as the earth changes are here (I noticed begining w/about Y2K - 20 yrs worsening & worsening). Not very necessary here in WesssMasss any more. Might sell the sno plow too. Usta B "white gold".

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
1996 Bronco XLT 5.8L
1994.5 F250 Supercab 4x4 Powerstroke
2016 F250 Crewcab 4x4 6.2L
1978 F250 4x4 project, (dad bought new)
1981 LN8000 twin ***** truck, 3208 Cat
Yo T,
ASAP, find out if speed control recall work, if equipped was completed. If you still have concerns about Recalls, please contact the Ford Customer Relationship Center:
US: 800-392-3673 | CA: 800-565-3673
Note: 3673 spells "FORD" on phone keys
For the hearing- or speech-impaired: Please contact the Telecommunication Relay Service by dialing 71
... have VIN ready.
"Summary: ON CERTAIN PICKUP TRUCKS, PASSENGER VEHICLES, SPORT UTILITY VEHICLES, AND MOTOR HOMES CHASSIS, THE SPEED CONTROL DEACTIVATION SWITCH MAY, UNDER CERTAIN CONDITIONS, LEAK INTERNALLY AND THEN OVERHEAT, SMOKE, OR BURN. THIS COULD RESULT IN AN UNDERHOOD FIRE."
To confirm current status, use this guide by jowens1126 @ 93 & 94-96 Cruise Control Recalls Repair
Note that the 93 recall is different than the 94-96 recall.

Here's the 1996 Bronco/F-Series Workshop Manual partial

96 Bronco Owner's Guide, Maintenance Schedules & Parts and Accessories by Ford @ Owner Manuals | fleet.ford.com

96 Bronco Dealer Brochure @ https://www.ford.com/cmslibs/conten...sovers/bronco/pdf/96_Ford_Bronco_Brochure.pdf

96 Bronco Quick Tips Brochure Excerpts & some Eddie Bauer options @ 1983 Ford Bronco 96 EB Bronco Brochures pictures, videos, and sounds | SuperMotors.net

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke