Wheelin in CO 5-10-08

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BroncoBrett913

Reaction score
Anyone here live around the denver or boulder area? If so do you know if Carnage in left hand canyon is open yet? I had a few buddies go up left hand last weekend and they said that everything they went on was good and not much snow. But I really dont see the point in going up there if carnage is not open yet. If it is, is anyone interested in make a day trip up there on mAy 10th? Just for one day so that everyone can be back for mothers day? Send me an email and let me know if you would like to go! Happy trails!

Brett

Redneck86

First On Race Day
Reaction score
I live in Fairplay CO, i think ive heard about the area your talkin about but i havent been. I doubt my truck would really make it though much, but how is that place? Once i get my the Transfercase fixed and some new 33" Super Swamper TSLs i might see if i could do any of it while its still stock.

OP
OP
B

BroncoBrett913

Reaction score
Spencer,

Carnage is a pretty mean trailer and has killed and destroyed countless vehicles. The only problem with atempting it with stock equipment is the usually heay body damage and broken drive lines, differentials and other stuff like that. There are however other trailers in the area that are not as extreme and may be better suited for what you are looking to do. Anyway, I dont know for sure if I will be able to make it up there with mothers day and everything else that weekend, but I am sure going to try! I will post again in the next couple of weeks as to if I am going for sure. Have a good one!

P.S. I had a 85 but she died on me and I decided I would be better off getting the 79 and I absolutely LOVE it! It is in my opinion alot easier to work on and doesnt have the overheating problem that my 85 did. It got so bad that I couldnt drive thirty miles without taking a stop for a few minutes. Towards the end of her life she also starting having alot of electrical problems. I like the look of the 79 better, but the 85 I had was a great reliable machine with some issues. Sorry I just saw your signature that said you wished you had a 79!

OP
OP
B

BroncoBrett913

Reaction score
I just checked out your pictures of your beast and it takes me back! My body style was different but the dash shot is pretty much identical! Good times in that old truck. And by the way even though it is a little beat up it still looks cool with the top off! I prefer beat up broncs because it shows that they have fun and someone enjoys what they were made to do. I would take a beat up bronco over a showroom one anyday!

Brett