What kind of shops would you go to?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ur1rose

Reaction score
Hello,

We have an 84 Bronco II and wanted to get electrical work and brakes done. Where would you get it done? A lot of shops charge way too much and honestly, it's hard to choose and experiment all day going to them so I wanted to know what kind of places I should go for. Example would be, a ford-centric shop? or a bigger shop like firestone? or more of a general shop that does every model? it'd be awesome if we could just do it ourselves but that's not the case. any advice would help thanks!

OP
OP
U

ur1rose

Reaction score
oh yes, we need to go find out why our turn signals are not working. The hazards and headlights work though. The side panel lights don't work. it stopped working after we changed the spark plugs and wires and accidentally forgot to remove the negative cable first. the fuses, flasher, and turn signal switch are all good.

Seabronc

Reaction score
Well, if you are concerned about price, both jobs are doable by a person with minimal mechanical ability. I would suggest that you buy an EVTM (Electrical and Vacuum Troubleshooting Manual) for your year truck. Your turn signal could be as simple as the flasher unit or the fuse supplying the power. Here is a sample of one for sale on eBay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1984-Ford-Ranger-Bronco-II-2-Wiring-EVTM-Service-Manual-/190496013105?pt=Motors_Manuals_Literature&hash=item2c5a727b31

That is one of the most useful shop manuals you could invest in.

As far as the brakes are concerned, what do you believe is the problem? Are you leaking brake fluid or is it just a matter of pads and shoes?

Good luck,

peace.gif

OP
OP
U

ur1rose

Reaction score
Thanks for the link to a manual we could probably use! however, we know it's not the flasher or the fuses as I've posted, they were all good. The e-brake is slipping and apparently, les schwab said our back brakes are gone so i'm pretty sure they are talking about the pads and shoes. No brake fluid is leaking. Also, the u-joint needs to be fixed.

Well, if you are concerned about price, both jobs are doable by a person with minimal mechanical ability. I would suggest that you buy an EVTM (Electrical and Vacuum Troubleshooting Manual) for your year truck. Your turn signal could be as simple as the flasher unit or the fuse supplying the power. Here is a sample of one for sale on eBay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1984-Ford-Ranger-Bronco-II-2-Wiring-EVTM-Service-Manual-/190496013105?pt=Motors_Manuals_Literature&hash=item2c5a727b31

That is one of the most useful shop manuals you could invest in.

As far as the brakes are concerned, what do you believe is the problem? Are you leaking brake fluid or is it just a matter of pads and shoes?

Good luck,

peace.gif

Seabronc

Reaction score
Thanks for the link to a manual we could probably use! however, we know it's not the flasher or the fuses as I've posted, they were all good. The e-brake is slipping and apparently, les schwab said our back brakes are gone so i'm pretty sure they are talking about the pads and shoes. No brake fluid is leaking. Also, the u-joint needs to be fixed.
Are you aware that there are two (2) flashers, one for the turn signals and one for the emergency 4 way flashers?

PG48.jpg

Kyle Terrian

Reaction score
i had the same problem with my turn signals. it was just the flasher on the fuse box

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tsebalj