trails in jersey?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swampthing

Reaction score
leave the bus locked in when we get to a semi bad spot and you want to lock it in just stop or slow down and put it in 4hi...and we dont do anything over 30 on the trails so you will be fine

TotalChaos

Reaction score
leave the bus locked in when we get to a semi bad spot and you want to lock it in just stop or slow down and put it in 4hi...and we dont do anything over 30 on the trails so you will be fine
well look at that... i learned something new today.. lol... too bad i am not going to be taking my truck out since i cant get the stupid thing separated

BroncoJoe19

Reaction score
Gary,

I don't really have a picture in my mind of why you are having a hard time to get the brakeline disconnected.

IS it where the line connects into the back of the wheel cylinder?

I imagine those conenctions can get pretty tight. You should use a six point line wrench it is like a six point box wrench with a cut out in it so that you could slip it over the line and then slide down to the connection. IF you don't have one, then you may consider cutting the line close to the fitting so taht you could get a six point socket on it.

Vice grips sometimes work when everything else fails, as a last resort, you can pull the wheel cylinder and try to get it out on your workbench, as a final solution... you can buy a new wheel cylinder. I just checked... $14 They come in left or right side.

Good luck... I hope you get to bring your truck.

Last edited by a moderator:

TotalChaos

Reaction score
Gary,I don't really have a picture in my mind of why you are having a hard time to get the brakeline disconnected.

IS it where the line connects into the back of the wheel cylinder?

I imagine those conenctions can get pretty tight. You should use a six point line wrench it is like a six point box wrench with a cut out in it so that you could slip it over the line and then slide down to the connection. IF you don't have one, then you may consider cutting the line close to the fitting so taht you could get a six point socket on it.

Vice grips sometimes work when everything else fails, as a last resort, you can pull the wheel cylinder and try to get it out on your workbench, as a final solution... you can buy a new wheel cylinder. I just checked... $14 They come in left or right side.

Good luck... I hope you get to bring your truck.
the place i am having a problem with is where the hard line connects to the soft line... the soft line is connected to a distributor box which sends fluid to each side of the breaks...

BroncoJoe19

Reaction score
I crawled under my truck last night to see what you are talking about. I noted that the hard line runs from the front down beside the driver's side frame rail to the rear axel. From there to a rubber/soft line, and from there to a brass looking 3/4 by 3/4 inch distribution fitting. It appears that the soft hose travels through the cross member support for the fuel tank, and that it is held in place by a spring clip.

I don't know exactly what the problem is, If it is because the cross member is getting in the way, then you might be able to get better purchase on the male hard line fitting that screws into the soft line fitting/connection by pulling the clip, cutting the hard line and lowering it down, through the cross member support.

TotalChaos

Reaction score
I crawled under my truck last night to see what you are talking about. I noted that the hard line runs from the front down beside the driver's side frame rail to the rear axle. From there to a rubber/soft line, and from there to a brass looking 3/4 by 3/4 inch distribution fitting. It appears that the soft hose travels through the cross member support for the fuel tank, and that it is held in place by a spring clip.
I don't know exactly what the problem is, If it is because the cross member is getting in the way, then you might be able to get better purchase on the male hard line fitting that screws into the soft line fitting/connection by pulling the clip, cutting the hard line and lowering it down, through the cross member support.
thats exactly what is stuck... the male fitting from the hard line wont come out... i already cut the hard line pulled the clip out and have the soft line where i have better access to it... the male fitting is basically round.. along with my locking pliers lol... that thing is super stuck... i have used almost a whole can of liquid wrench on it already and no luck... the mechanic down the street said to use and actalyene(?) torch on it to get it red hot and then it will come right off... i don't have a torch... Eric said i should try using MAPP gas but i don't have the extra cash to go get it... so i dunno what to do...

BroncoJoe19

Reaction score
thats exactly what is stuck... the male fitting from the hard line wont come out... i already cut the hard line pulled the clip out and have the soft line where i have better access to it... the male fitting is basically round.. along with my locking pliers lol... that thing is super stuck... i have used almost a whole can of liquid wrench on it already and no luck... the mechanic down the street said to use and actalyene(?) torch on it to get it red hot and then it will come right off... i don't have a torch... Eric said i should try using MAPP gas but i don't have the extra cash to go get it... so i dunno what to do...
Well both MAPP and acetelyene burn hotter than propane but propane would be hot enough, *maybe* even a butane cigarete lighter may make it hot enough. You don't need a cutting torch ket, $13 at home depot http://www.homedepot.com/catalog/productIm...f3f1a0d_300.jpg

You must know a friend who's dad is handy and has a bernzomatic torch for sweating a couple of copper pipes.

TotalChaos

Reaction score
Well both MAPP and acetelyene burn hotter than propane but propane would be hot enough, *maybe* even a butane cigarete lighter may make it hot enough. You don't need a cutting torch ket, $13 at home depot http://www.homedepot.com/catalog/productIm...f3f1a0d_300.jpg
You must know a friend who's dad is handy and has a bernzomatic torch for sweating a couple of copper pipes.
so if it rains on sat we might not be going... and according to the weather channel there are supposed to be Isolated thunder storms... but they weather channel is usually wrong when it comes to the weather... kind of ironic... but if it does rain i think me and a few friends will still go out anyway... kind of annoying trying to thrash and get the work done on my truck if me might not be going...

swampthing

Reaction score
could not find address so here is phone number you can call and ask them Atsion Office: (609) 268-0444

BroncoJoe19

Reaction score
No way!!!

I'll leave my cap on, and take your passengers.

My brother may have room in his truck wich will give a luxury ride.

When it ain't raining, we can put them back in your truck. I have plastic tarps if we need them, the rain should be intermittant anyway. It'll also add a little excitement.

I'll make the call tomorrow, and get directions from the ranger's station or from Gary, but I don't want to go without you.

swampthing

Reaction score
i would be the only one from my group going which is a chance i dont want to take anything can happen hopefully it wont rain

TotalChaos

Reaction score
as of now forecast is calling for partly cloudy skies and mud showers
my truck needs a mud shower... lol... maybe even a mud bath.... i dont know if it will rain but if it does rain while we are out it shouldnt be too much.. just some sprinkling

swampthing

Reaction score
well like i said i checked weather this morning it said partly cloudy skies no rain....and some weather guy on radio said if anything happens it will be a 10 minute thunderstorm but lets hope for clear skies cause i wanna wheel

BroncoJoe19

Reaction score
could not find address so here is phone number you can call and ask them Atsion Office: (609) 268-0444
From North Jersey Take the NJ Turnpike to exit 7.

Take the US-206 exit, EXIT 7, toward BORDENTOWN/TRENTON. 0.7 mi

Merge onto US-206 S toward MCGUIRE A.F.B./FORT DIX. 17.0 mi

Enter next roundabout and take 2nd exit onto US-206. 10.1 mi

End at 744 Route 206 Shamong, NJ 08088-9541

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
david@holycitytransportat