trails in jersey?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swampthing

Reaction score
only bad thing is that one tire i have is the one that blew...so i will only have 3 good TSL's to sell and the all terrains...so you could always run the TSL's in the back and the all terrains in the front till you could get 1 more tire...but i will let you know the guy works 2-3 jobs everyday so hes not home much

BroncoJoe19

Reaction score
Boy that was sticky, (and smelly) mud!

On the way home, I had to stop in the first rest area to kick some of the caked up mud off of my rims. It gave me a rumbling vibration because the mud threw the tires so far out of balance.

I spent about three hours yesterday hosing the mud off, and I still didn't get it all.

I can definitly see why an electric fan set up that can be switched off is a good idea. Under my hood, it looked like a mud bomb went off.

TotalChaos

Reaction score
only bad thing is that one tire i have is the one that blew...so i will only have 3 good TSL's to sell and the all terrains...so you could always run the TSL's in the back and the all terrains in the front till you could get 1 more tire...but i will let you know the guy works 2-3 jobs everyday so hes not home much
alright sounds like a good plan to me... just give me a call or IM me or something...

swampthing

Reaction score
joe that mud is easy to clean off trust me not bad at all i wish i could take you down to a spot where its all dredge mud....when it dries its hard as concrete...and will do gary hopefully sometime this week

swampthing

Reaction score
hoping to have this yota project done in a couple weeks...speaking of i need to talk to you about that need some of your new found services done...so once thats done we will def set one up go out and do it all over again

Last edited by a moderator:

TotalChaos

Reaction score
hoping to have this yota project done in a couple weeks...speaking of i need to talk to you about that need some of your new found services done...so once thats done we will def set one up go out and do it all over again
my new found services?.... oh working at the car place... well im not too sure how that will work yet... especially with like employee discounts ect... but ill deff let ya know once i get settled in and figure all of the shop out... **** imma need my own services once i get them tires... lol

swampthing

Reaction score
im not too worried bout discounts..but long as they dont charge an arm and a leg i will just go there for the stuff i need done....gonna need them cheby 6 luggers taken off 2 of the tsl's....and 4 others dismounted then 4 mounted lol

may do some of the work myself at my shop just to make it cheaper

TotalChaos

Reaction score
im not too worried bout discounts..but long as they dont charge an arm and a leg i will just go there for the stuff i need done....gonna need them cheby 6 luggers taken off 2 of the tsl's....and 4 others dismounted then 4 mounted lolmay do some of the work myself at my shop just to make it cheaper
well dismounting the tires isn't to hard.... we used to do it on our forklifts all the time.... we even mounted em but we had to take them somewhere to make wure they got properly balanced...

swampthing

Reaction score
yeah i know how to mount and dismount them....but sometimes easier to just pay someone to do it

TotalChaos

Reaction score
yeah i know how to mount and dismount them....but sometimes easier to just pay someone to do it
ha yeah... i agree... too bad the one that will still end up doing it is me... lol... maybe one of the other guys i will be working with will have to do it...

TotalChaos

Reaction score
i want to take my bronco out and i cant get any info on where to go in jersey anyone know a good easy trail i could test my truck out on?
So, ladies and gentlemen of Dirty Jersey... we are going to go out again to 1/4 mile soon right? i'm replacing my water pump hopefully on Sunday or Monday, then i hope to have the tires mounted and on the truck by the end of next week... that means finishing the front fenders so they will fit.. and maybe cutting them a bit more, if needed... also i plan to have the snorkel that i got from PJ on the truck once i get what i need (i gave up on the fiberglass idea... it was too difficult to complete with the little bit of time i have now)... so i am also thinking of getting an electric fan to throw in there... take a bit of weight off the water pump and free up the whole serpentine system a bit... what yous all think...

swampthing

Reaction score
you will also notice some power gain..but yes we have a trip planned for august 30th....my motor will be in tomorrow night hopefully running by monday night hopefully have the truck 90% finished by next weekend

TotalChaos

Reaction score
you will also notice some power gain..but yes we have a trip planned for august 30th....my motor will be in tomorrow night hopefully running by monday night hopefully have the truck 90% finished by next weekend
so here is what i am hoping... i should be getting the c-6 around the 22nd... i would like to put it in before we go out again on the 30th.. and i am hoping to get the gears before then so i can put them big old tires on for the trip... if i cant get them done by then it will be ok, but i really want to get the tranny in so i can make a run at Jemima (?).... ill let you know when i get it and maybe we can have a day of working on the trucks... mine, yours, and chris's....

swampthing

Reaction score
chris' truck isnt at my shop and wont be for a while and it wont be making it outthere...my truck will hopefully be almost complete by that date cause i want to make some test runs at the spot i was telling you about yesterday...but yeah im willing to help

TotalChaos

Reaction score
i want to take my bronco out and i cant get any info on where to go in jersey anyone know a good easy trail i could test my truck out on?
So i am getting super excited about the 30th... i want to go out there before that but i have so much to do... cut the front fenders, get the snorkel installed, swap the tires, and get the C-6 and put it in... only downside is i wont be able to get the tranny till the sat after this upcoming one... sniffle... but if i get it all done then everyone better watch out... i plan to get the 4.56s in like 3 or 4 weeks and put em in... oh i want to get my hands on some scrap metal and practice welding... can i toss cash your way to pay for gas and the welder metal and practice with it? oh also... will i be able to use those tires even if they are not all the same size... like the 35's in the front and the 36's in the back? or will that break something?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ReturnToHangar