trails in jersey?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swampthing

Reaction score
yeah throw in a couple bucks for some gas and wire you can come down and practice...yes you can run the 35's and 36's without breaking anything...and yeah i am excited too i just hope i can get it all done for that...heads are on my motor push rods in rockers bolted down couple more things to put on it got new distributor yesterday just need to get stuff done...rough workin 2 jobs though

TotalChaos

Reaction score
yeah throw in a couple bucks for some gas and wire you can come down and practice...yes you can run the 35's and 36's without breaking anything...and yeah i am excited too i just hope i can get it all done for that...heads are on my motor push rods in rockers bolted down couple more things to put on it got new distributor yesterday just need to get stuff done...rough workin 2 jobs though
i know how ya feel... i am beat... ive been working like 50+/- hours a week at the tire place... if i get everything done and ready i will be surprised... do you think that the tranny will hold up with those tires on it till i get the 4.56's? Or should i try to get the C-6 in there before i put the big tires on?

BroncoJoe19

Reaction score
Life is good!

:) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have new ball joints, new brakes (calipers and all), new seals in my powersteering unit, and the engine is running great.

Looks like the next time we go out... mine will be the little truck. I may get voted.. the most likely to get stuck :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> but what the heck... half the fun is pulling each other out, and if we all had unstoppable trucks, what fun would that be?

I just returned from a trip to Disney in my Ford based V10 A-class motor home. The diagnostic skills I learned here, helped me repair it while on the road. Hopefully I will be able to make it on the 30th. Hope to see you then!

joe

TotalChaos

Reaction score
Life is good!:) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have new ball joints, new brakes (calipers and all), new seals in my powersteering unit, and the engine is running great.

Looks like the next time we go out... mine will be the little truck. I may get voted.. the most likely to get stuck :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> but what the heck... half the fun is pulling each other out, and if we all had unstoppable trucks, what fun would that be?

I just returned from a trip to Disney in my Ford based V10 A-class motor home. The diagnostic skills I learned here, helped me repair it while on the road. Hopefully I will be able to make it on the 30th. Hope to see you then!

joe
well i still might be the small truck... im doing all that i can to get the truck ready... i go to pick up the c-6 sometime this week and i hope to have that in asap... and i still need to cut the front fenders to get the 36's to fit... well 35's in front, 36's in the rear... for now... so if i cant get mine done in time then i will deff be the small truck again... but i should have a good tranny so i can make a run at the hill...

its good to know that all of that is better and in good working order now... its nice to have a reliable truck... lol...

so you broke your motor home on the way to Disney?... lol what happened... its a good thing you were able to fix it... you might still be gone... lol...

welp im off for now... hope to wee you on the 30th!!!

TotalChaos

Reaction score
so i think it is going to be a helluva time trying to get my truck ready.... my water pump took a crap on itself so i am in the process of changing it out... but one of the studs is stuck... tried everything i could to get it out, no dice... the mechanic from down the street looked at it and tried to get it out... he said he can feel it flexing and that it is going to break... so now my only choice is to break it, take off the oil pan and the timing chain cover, figure out a way to get it out, then put everything back with new gaskets and find a new set of bolts.... pain in the ass i think, but i guess i should be able to get it all fixed, but now its another task that i need to get done on top of all stuff i'm trying to get fixed.... any suggestions?

swampthing

Reaction score
go to autozone get this stuff called freeze out...its about 6 or 7 bucks for a can but it works wonders it freezes the rust breaks it up and allows you to remove rusted bolts easier...just a suggestion

TotalChaos

Reaction score
go to autozone get this stuff called freeze out...its about 6 or 7 bucks for a can but it works wonders it freezes the rust breaks it up and allows you to remove rusted bolts easier...just a suggestion
Only problem is it is a bolt that goes into a water jacket.... so there is no telling how badly it is rusted.... mallory says we should rent a ... jeep... ugh.... but it might be fun to take a rental car out there... lol

TotalChaos

Reaction score
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! this sux!!!! so i'm not gonna be able to go out next Saturday.... i used my one day off for this sat and i am sure ill have to work next sat... but i guess i can try... i'm going to try to go out on Monday if i can... a friend of mine wants to take her Jeep out so imma show her around i guess.... Hope yous have fun next sat if i cant make it... and if anyone wants to join me on Monday, ill post a time that imma head out so yous know...

oh and an update on my water pump... got a new one, got a new blot set from ARP... what a freaking waste... the bolt set is wrong... it is supposed to be vehicle specific and of all the bolts in the set only 5 reached the threads.... out of 17! so if yous need to get a new water pump/timing chain cover bolt set, DON'T get the ARP set from JEGS....

TotalChaos

Reaction score
i want to take my bronco out and i cant get any info on where to go in jersey anyone know a good easy trail i could test my truck out on?
Sooo.... when we going out again?... i know it is dependent on every one elses schedules but i am really itching to get back out there....

bronco410w

Reaction score
hey whats good guys? im in jersey about 10 min from the walt wit. my freinds and i have been going wheeling just about every weekend ... there is about 8-12 of us every saterday and sunday.... last weekend we found a pit off cross keys rd. pretty kool... atco woods has been getting boring and across 206 was on fire last time i checked.... if any of you guys wanna wheel let me know! were always looking for new spots and people!....

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
yo!

Hook up with the other guys when they go to Atsion area..

Most of the local trails south of Hammonton area are now fenced-off &/or w/No Trespassing signs. It's part of the ATV Zero Limits in local townships.

These trials consisted mostly of sand pits, pinelands short trails with some drop-off banks, not much in terms of acreage as compared to Atsion area.

We did mostly beach runs for surf fishing in Corson's State park on South end of Ocean City, NJ. Labor Day to Memorial Day.

bronco410w

Reaction score
yo!Hook up with the other guys when they go to Atsion area..

Most of the local trails south of Hammonton area are now fenced-off &/or w/No Trespassing signs. It's part of the ATV Zero Limits in local townships.

These trials consisted mostly of sand pits, pinelands short trails with some drop-off banks, not much in terms of acreage as compared to Atsion area.

We did mostly beach runs for surf fishing in Corson's State park on South end of Ocean City, NJ. Labor Day to Memorial Day.

let me know when you guys are goin out again!!!

TotalChaos

Reaction score
let me know when you guys are goin out again!!!
Hi. I try to go out once a month... if i can i go out to the mud pits dubbed "1/4 Mile"... they are in Wharton out by the Carranza memorial... ill throw a post up next time i head out that way... might be a little while since my truck is not so driveable at the moment but my girl likes to take her baby out once and a while...

TotalChaos

Reaction score
i used to go right off on fischer blvd in toms river, but the police have since blocked it off :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
a few of my friends and i are going to go out to Wharton on Sunday if anyone else wants to go... i will post again soon with a time where we are going to be at the ranger station... we might jsut go back to 1/4 mile and see who all is out there... but any one who wants to tag along is welcome....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sf66