trails in jersey?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BroncoJoe19

Reaction score
Count me in for the trail riding. Maybe more. If you can, in the meantime pick up a tow strap and a shackle I would appreciate it. IF you can't... If I get stuck... we'll just use yours :/

I have a snorkle, but not particularly large tires. It should be fun!

Looking forward to getting together with you and Gary.

joe

TotalChaos

Reaction score
Count me in for the trail riding. Maybe more. If you can, in the meantime pick up a tow strap and a shackle I would appreciate it. IF you can't... If I get stuck... we'll just use yours :/I have a snorkle, but not particularly large tires. It should be fun!

Looking forward to getting together with you and Gary.

joe
Hey joe,

im scrambling to get my truck ready now... i have to fix the rear brake lines, the driver side line blew open... it was interesting... lol.. and i am about half way done with my snorkel... i need to get another sheet or two of fiberglass mat to complete it all... i am deff looking forward to finally meeting you next sat too.... oh i am going to go to Fazzio to get myself a strap and a shackle on sat sometime, if you want i can pick up one for ya while im there... just let me know....

BroncoJoe19

Reaction score
Yes please do! Please check with Eric first, just to make sure that he hadn't already gotten me one. Thanks.

joe

swampthing

Reaction score
havent had a chance to make it there been too busy with work...gary give me a call if you have some free time you will only be about 10-15 minutes from my house if you wanted to stop down at my shop or something...and dont worry joe if you get stuck we will get you out. and we're not going to do anything really crazy like i said there are go arounds for everything, and if we tell you to go around make sure ya do lol

BroncoJoe19

Reaction score
I figured that you guys would have me covered, but I wanted to get a set of my own. So has there been any discussion of what time we should meet?

TotalChaos

Reaction score
so far we plan to head out early..hopefully leaving here round 10 get to wharton around 11
awesome... i will deff give you a call.. imma head out by 11 i hope.. to be at Fazzio by 1130ish... i give you a call when i am leaving... oh yeah... been meaning to ask.. how much does one of those straps cost.... and what size shackle are you looking for joe? Something that can fit through the hole on the hitch receiver?... i will check this right before i head out there to get what i need... so i know what to get ya... if not i will get you the same thing that i get for myself... should be enough...

swampthing

Reaction score
last time i bought mine it was 10 bucks...20 foot long.and i believe the shackles were 3.95 a piece...that place is like a big toy store

BroncoJoe19

Reaction score
OK.. I'm set for Sat. I won't work, My son is coming, and it looks like my brother and his wife will come with either their GMC pickup, or Jeep. I'd bet it'll be the pickup, although I'd love to see em in the jeep.

It'll be interesting... should I bring waders?

Definitley looking forward to meeting up with you guys.

swampthing

Reaction score
if you want to bring them feel free to. it will be a good time gonna head out to some scenic areas and head out to some other areas to play around at

TotalChaos

Reaction score
if you want to bring them feel free to. it will be a good time gonna head out to some scenic areas and head out to some other areas to play around at
so i have a question about brakes.... can i just cut the rear line where it split open and but a ***** in it and clamp it shut as a temp fix so i can go out next weekend?... or do you know someone that can help me figure this out and fix it...? I took off the rear tires today and then took off the drums... its not looking good... lol... i dont know what im doing and i dont know what needs to be replaced... i know i need new shoes, and new e-brake cables... might even need new drums... but what elses do i need to make them work again... other than the obvious new brake line that is split open...?

BroncoJoe19

Reaction score
so i have a question about brakes.... can i just cut the rear line where it split open and but a ***** in it and clamp it shut as a temp fix so i can go out next weekend?... or do you know someone that can help me figure this out and fix it...? I took off the rear tires today and then took off the drums... its not looking good... lol... i dont know what im doing and i dont know what needs to be replaced... i know i need new shoes, and new e-brake cables... might even need new drums... but what elses do i need to make them work again... other than the obvious new brake line that is split open...?
Gary,

You have a week, why don't you pull the broken line, take it to a parts store and have them bend one up for you?

I am pretty sure that I saw a thread here on how to flare out the ends, if you have to make your own.

Yep... here it is!

http://broncozone.com/forums/index.php?s=&...ost&p=73657

Last edited by a moderator:

TotalChaos

Reaction score
Gary,You have a week, why don't you pull the broken line, take it to a parts store and have them bend one up for you?

I am pretty sure that I saw a thread here on how to flare out the ends, if you have to make your own.

Yep... here it is!

http://broncozone.com/forums/index.php?s=&...ost&p=73657
that would be an awesome idea... but i need to do a lot of work... and i think i need to find someone who knows way more about this than i... i have to replace the e-brake cable for the passenger side because it is stuck engaged... also the drum is just about ruined and i need new shoes for both sides... i also dont know where the line is broke at... i cant see the break... right now the truck is on stands and the tires and drums are off... i am going to get under it an look with a flashlight to see if i can find what is broke and where.... i also have a bit of a cash flow issue... so i might not be able to get it fixed for a while... unfortunately....

swampthing

Reaction score
not safe to drive it without the back brakes like that....see if your girl with go out with her blazer or if your buddy will go out with his ride along with one of them

TotalChaos

Reaction score
not safe to drive it without the back brakes like that....see if your girl with go out with her blazer or if your buddy will go out with his ride along with one of them
im going to try my hardest to get the brakes fixed by thursday...

TotalChaos

Reaction score
im going to try my hardest to get the brakes fixed by thursday...
So i fixed my E-Brake, and put new shoes on... i also cut the drivers side fender about 3 inches to allow for 35s to fit without a lift... yay me.. and it looks good... so all i have to do is get the new hard line and install it for the rear brakes (add fluid, a given) which i am doing tomorrow... then imma try to get the rear passenger side fender cut... ive also got special plans for the original chrome strips... they will deff get reused... also i i hoping to have the snorkel done and installed so i can try out a few deeper holes...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sufferedformula