trails in jersey?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TotalChaos

Reaction score
i will keep you both updated im not too sure about this weekend coming up because my truck wont be ready yet and im not sure what my friend will want to do. she definitely wants to go back out but when we go be sure you have gas cause i will take you all around and show you the same things i showed gary
joes other post reminded me... how much does one of those straps cost? i might need to pick one up, as you have seen mine and it isnt worth much as it sits now...

as for the next time we can go out... depends on how quickly i can fix the break line issues... lol.. i think i might take it to someone to have it fixed cause i need to get the breaks replaced anyway, as well as get the e-break fixed... it has issues... to bad no matter what i do i have to tow it... lol... i guess i am happy the lines broke down the street from the house as opposed to breaking out on the trails....

TotalChaos

Reaction score
joes other post reminded me... how much does one of those straps cost? i might need to pick one up, as you have seen mine and it isnt worth much as it sits now...
as for the next time we can go out... depends on how quickly i can fix the break line issues... lol.. i think i might take it to someone to have it fixed cause i need to get the breaks replaced anyway, as well as get the e-break fixed... it has issues... to bad no matter what i do i have to tow it... lol... i guess i am happy the lines broke down the street from the house as opposed to breaking out on the trails....
so i looked up all the parts i need to redo the brakes... drums, rotors, pads, shoes, lines, e-brake stuff, ect. and its like $400 i guess thats not to bad... im not sure though... i still have to find someone who can redo the rear drum brakes cause i dont know how... lol sucks to be me...

swampthing

Reaction score
i would say bring it to my shop but you sort of cant drive it haha...good luck with it man i just ordered new mufflers for my bronco so hopefully i will get them by friday or monday

TotalChaos

Reaction score
i would say bring it to my shop but you sort of cant drive it haha...good luck with it man i just ordered new mufflers for my bronco so hopefully i will get them by friday or monday
yeah i think i am going to have to tow it no matter what i decide to do... i looked up all the prices for everything and it is goign to cost me like 350 to fix everything... e-brake, rear drums, and brake lines... oh and i think i am going to go get a strap from Fazzio Steal so i can pull stuff out of holes again... lol

swampthing

Reaction score
yeah im hoping to get over there one day this week coming up joe would like one as well...just rough with work

TotalChaos

Reaction score
yeha.. if you get a chance to go over there can you pick me one up... ill bring you the cash...
So i think i am going to go to Fazzio tomorrow and see what they got and pick up what i need... might get some steel to so i can see about building myself some kick ass front and rear winch bumpers... lol... yes i said front and rear WINCH bumpers... i was thinking about **** one on both ends in case im out by myself... then i might be able to get out on my own..

swampthing

Reaction score
get the steel come to my shop and fabricate away...i got welder chopsaw tubing bender good to go

TotalChaos

Reaction score
get the steel come to my shop and fabricate away...i got welder chopsaw tubing bender good to go
i think i will do that... i bought all the stuff to make the fiberglass snorkel... i forgot how expensive resin and the fiberglass mat are... lol but i think it is gonna be awesome when i'm done... of it works out well i might be able to make a few extras for some of the other guys on here... for a small fee that is.. lol...

yeah i think i am going to use like some round bar and plate steel i dunno yet i got to make measurements and i think imma get on AutoCAD and have my girl help me make it

swampthing

Reaction score
only thing i am currently lacking is a tubing notcher which hopefully i can get one very soon cause i want to finish off my rollcage

TotalChaos

Reaction score
grinder will work just more work
so i started the snorkel today... pretty much took my time... made the frame out of wire for the fiberglass... almost finished it.. just needs a few minor touch ups... then it will be good to go.. i think imma try to get the fiberglass on and done tomorrow if i can... still trying to figure a wayto make it so i can spin the head around when it rains... ill figure it out though... i mocked it up and you cant barely see it from the drivers seat and it doesnt hit the door....i like it... if all goes well it will be done by friday night... im going in the morning to the junk yard to get a new intake since mine is so buggered up.... once i get that imma start cutting... ill post pics when im done....

TotalChaos

Reaction score
get it done by next weekend...wheelin...mud and deep water be prepared (there are go arounds)
imma try to have the brakes fixed my then so i can go out... i really really wanna go... imma do what it takes to get them done and fixed... im going to a junk yard tomorrow to get the replacement air box for the truck, and i think imma crawl under a truck and see if i can get the part i need from there for now... ill let you know how it goes...

swampthing

Reaction score
good luck with it man....i have a lot of work to do to mine still as well...now have to fix the trac bar bracket on the lower portion of the front shock tower the holes are oblonged so my trac bar moves...easy fix just ned to weld some steel in drill it, front driveshaft, and have to put backseat in y truck cause im gonna have some extra passengers (i feel sorry for them)

TotalChaos

Reaction score
good luck with it man....i have a lot of work to do to mine still as well...now have to fix the trac bar bracket on the lower portion of the front shock tower the holes are oblonged so my trac bar moves...easy fix just ned to weld some steel in drill it, front driveshaft, and have to put backseat in y truck cause im gonna have some extra passengers (i feel sorry for them)
lol about the passengers... well if i am able to get mine ready i might be able to take one or two if they are tired of getting knocked around... do you need anything from the junk yard... if i can find it i will grab it for ya...

swampthing

Reaction score
not the fact of getting knocked around its having mud and water flying in at you from the top and sides...no cap with tsls and a heavy foot prove to be a gooooood time

BroncoJoe19

Reaction score
I can't go this weekend, but I am ready for next, but I need to know - are you talking Sat or Sunday, so I can schedule things in advance.

Thanks

TTYL

joe

swampthing

Reaction score
im busy this weekend as well...next weekend on saturday...trail riding during the day then heading over to the track saturday night to watch some races and do some drinking

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
68bronc