too rich

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dirtrider883

Reaction score
I live at about 5600' and I'm really tired of smelling fuel when I rap it off. Call me crazy, but I got a funny feling my new (remanufactured) carb didn't come jetted for the altitude. To the best of my knoledge it is an oe replacement 2bbl. I believe it's a holly manufactured as a motorcraft for ford but i could be wrong. I really need to get more than a week out of a tank of gas puleeze help. The sticker on the side of it says holly remanufacture 60-5079 if that helps.

Last edited by a moderator:

BroncoJoe19

Reaction score
I live at about 5600' and I'm really tired of smelling fuel when I rap it off. Call me crazy, but I got a funny feling my new (remanufactured) carb didn't come jetted for the altitude. To the best of my knoledge it is an oe replacement 2bbl. I believe it's a holly manufactured as a motorcraft for ford but i could be wrong. I really need to get more than a week out of a tank of gas puleeze help. The sticker on the side of it says holly remanufacture 60-5079 if that helps.
Perhaps calling holley would be a good place for informaton? What do you think?

Seabronc

Reaction score
I believe that your suspicion is correct. A re-manufactured or even a stock new carb is not set up for high altitude unless you get the altitude feature. Trucks that were destined for high altitude locations were fitted with that feature. However, if your truck originally came from somewhere under 2000 ft. above sea level, or if you just purchased it from someplace that sells carbs, it probably would not have that function.

As far as jetting goes, a reman carb will be set up with jets that work most places but not the ultimate for either performance or economy. You can get a jet kit from Holly, but I'd suggest you look into a carb made specifically for high altitude vehicles.

Good luck,

:)>-

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lana Kane