tire writing (white), mounted inside or out?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jersey

Reaction score
Hey guys.. this is the BIG wkend the lift and rims and tires go on! Maybe you can help me with the decision to mount the white letters on the inside or the outside of the tires??
I never was one for white letters out on lifted trucks, but I guess it depends on the rims and the truck. But I say in.

Tennessee Jed

Reaction score
I like the white letters on the outside. Especially if I am proud of the brand.

Redneck86

First On Race Day
Reaction score
I think there cooler with the white letters out, lets people know what your runnin, plus i think black wall looks kinda boring

TX '73

Reaction score
Heres another vote for Black OUTSIDE, WHITE INSIDE. People who know tires will be able to tell by looking at the tread what the brand is if it's popular like BFG Mud Terrain. I've always 'blacked out'....

Broncobill78

Reaction score
My God, it this actually burning up bandwidth ? If you can't figure this out for yourself than reach down into your pocket and grab a quarter. Heads it's blackwalls & tails it's lettering. Jesus Freaking Christ, is this something we're going to actually debate ? Pick a side and toss the coin. Next time around are we going to debate which side of the key fob should face outward ? You run what you like, simple as that. The truck is yours to do with what you want, set it up so that YOU think it looks best. If someone else doesn't like it tell'em to go pound sand & buy their own because it's YOUR truck. The truck should be a reflection of what YOU like and what YOU think is cool, f*ck anyone else, that b*tch is yours and it'll look the way YOU want it to. Tell anyone who doesn't like it to go & build their own. FTW.

Last edited by a moderator:

Broncobill78

Reaction score
Aw, $hit, You're right :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> That's what I get for having a few too many & staying up late to watch the Lunar Eclipse w/the young'uns. In the light of day it perhaps seems a little harsher than I intended at the time, I guess staying up too late makes me cranky. Personally I prefer blkwalls but hey, run whatcha like, it's your damn truck. I suppose I could go back & edit the post, but damn, I said it so I suppose I'm accountable for it. Good call Jed :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

MS, run whatcha like & if someone ******* then kick sand in his face, call him a weakling & take his girl.

RBuffordTJ

Reaction score
Sarcasm and cursing is always helpful. Go easy on the guy, remember he asked for other's opinions which is what he

Jersey

Reaction score
My God, it this actually burning up bandwidth ? If you can't figure this out for yourself than reach down into your pocket and grab a quarter. Heads it's blackwalls & tails it's lettering. Jesus Freaking Christ, is this something we're going to actually debate ? Pick a side and toss the coin. Next time around are we going to debate which side of the key fob should face outward ? You run what you like, simple as that. The truck is yours to do with what you want, set it up so that YOU think it looks best. If someone else doesn't like it tell'em to go pound sand & buy their own because it's YOUR truck. The truck should be a reflection of what YOU like and what YOU think is cool, f*ck anyone else, that b*tch is yours and it'll look the way YOU want it to. Tell anyone who doesn't like it to go & build their own. FTW.
****! Sounds like me at work first thing in the morning!

jsomedaysoon

Reaction score
when the guy put my tires on my truck he didnt ask white in or out. he put three on with the white letters out and one with the white letters in for some reason. until then i was a strong believer in putting the white letters in but i dunno it just looks way better with the tires i have with the white letters on the out side. it might be the size or something but next time i will definatly make sure the white letters go out.

Tennessee Jed

Reaction score
Shucks Bill it makes you seem colorful, no worries.

This thread is a nice break from everyones fuel pump dying, which has me worried about mine at every start up. At least I know my tires are not going to flip them selfs any way I don't want them to be.

Its nice to be in control and not able to be proven wrong sometimes.

Broncobill78

Reaction score
when the guy put my tires on my truck he didnt ask white in or out. he put three on with the white letters out and one with the white letters in for some reason. until then i was a strong believer in putting the white letters in but i dunno it just looks way better with the tires i have with the white letters on the out side. it might be the size or something but next time i will definatly make sure the white letters go out.
To be honest I think it really depends on the combo. The rims make or break the package (now that's something the Brothers understand and we should take a page from their book, cultural bull$hit aside we have a LOT to learn from our countrymen) . Now I generally prefer blkwalls out but I really don't think *anything* beats a set of nice (NOT generic) white lettered tires on a set of Crager SS 5-spokes. That's a freaking classic combo and damn if it doesn't look good. Blackwalls on Cragers just don't look the same. Now if you're running SawBlades, Turbines or something else well that's a wholle different ballgame. It varies from package to package and what works with one rim doesn't necessarily transfer over to another. And of course you have to have some class and you have to look good when you're rolling.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
david@holycitytransportat