Thinking about lowering my lift...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bngeejmpr

Reaction score
Newish to the Bronco world. I have a 1993 Bronco with a 351 W. It's been a project for over a years now redoing the interior etc. The previous owner installed a 6-inch Skyjacker lift with 35 inch Micky Thompsons and a new gear ratio. I finally got the chance to take it out this weekend and it drove sluggishly and had squirrely steering. Braking was a minor issue as well even though I installed new Power stop brakes.

My question is would it improve if I drop it down to a 4-inch lift and 33's? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Skitter302

Staff member
Reaction score
I would start by taking the Bronco to an alignment shop to see if the Castor and toe are proper. 6" isn't too big for a Bronco. But sometimes the kit doesn't include all the right parts to set up the front wheels properly. Might need lower pivot brackets and use extended radius arms.

OP
OP
B

Bngeejmpr

Reaction score
I would start by taking the Bronco to an alignment shop to see if the Castor and toe are proper. 6" isn't too big for a Bronco. But sometimes the kit doesn't include all the right parts to set up the front wheels properly. Might need lower pivot brackets and use extended radius arms.
Thanks !😉

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tsebalj