thermostat neck interchangability

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Foul Al

Reaction score
hi folks, does anyone know if the thermostat neck from a 351 will fit a 460? i have an edelbrock performer intake on the 460 and theres some *** crap thermostat neck on there that needs an ''o'' ring to seal but the manifold doesn't accept the ''o'' ring. theres no lip for it to seal to. thanks, al.

muddrivermike

Reaction score
What I usually do to compare parts is go on autozones website.Ill put in my vehicle info, and then say a 78 f350 with a 460.You have to look each one up seperate,but look at the part numbers for what your looking for.I looked this up and it says they ARE NOT the same housings,But they do sell them.They are a little over $10.Check it out.

OP
OP
F

Foul Al

Reaction score
What I usually do to compare parts is go on autozones website.Ill put in my vehicle info, and then say a 78 f350 with a 460.You have to look each one up seperate,but look at the part numbers for what your looking for.I looked this up and it says they ARE NOT the same housings,But they do sell them.They are a little over $10.Check it out.
hey all, just an update on this topic. I found that the thermostat neck from a 351m and the 400 ARE interchangable with the 460. in my case the 460 with the edelbrock performer manifold. fits like a glove!! hope this helps others.

muddrivermike

Reaction score
Really!!I wonder if its because of the aftermarket manifold.Obviously auto zones site only lists stock parts.Thats cool.Less money to put out is always better.

OP
OP
F

Foul Al

Reaction score
Really!!I wonder if its because of the aftermarket manifold.Obviously auto zones site only lists stock parts.Thats cool.Less money to put out is always better.
absolutly! I was looking at that fan shroud that you have and it looks a lot like the one i have on both my bronco's. i have the oversized rad. on both of them and that shroud look exactly like what i have. I don't have A.C. but i swear its the same dam shroud. i have a 400 and a 460 with the same shroud on both. hope this helps! and the thermostat neck surprised the heck out of me !! i thought it was way different. who knew..... I hope this helps all who ever might come across this issue. FOUL AL!

Last edited by a moderator:

muddrivermike

Reaction score
You know what ,,I forgot about that shroud.Its still sitting in my garage.I have to dig into that again so I can try to sell it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23